Chaturon calls for his passport to be returned, wants compensation for losses

Lite Beer

Chaturon calls for his passport to be returned, wants compensation for losses
THE NATION

30270110-01_big.jpg

Chaturon

BANGKOK: -- FORMER education minister Chaturon Chaisang has called for his revoked passport to be returned to him, pending his appeal against the decision.

Chaturon submitted the appeal to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and related government agencies.

Commenting on his Facebook page yesterday, he said the cancellation of his passport was politically motivated.

"I think [it was] due to my criticism on the undemocratic charter draft and my urging the now-defunct National Reform Council to shoot down the draft, which resulted in the discontent of those in power. It [the revocation] was not because an arrest warrant was issued against me as they claimed," he wrote.

He said the Foreign Ministry's action against him was unconstitutional and violated international law.

The Royal Thai Police did not have the right to ask the ministry to withdraw his passport, he said.

The passport revocation had caused damage to him in many aspects, such as reduced freedom, earning a living and human dignity, he said.

Along with wanting his passport back, he has also asked for compensation and the right to take legal action against those involved in the revocation.

In August, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced the revocation after it said the Royal Thai Police sent it a letter asking it to consider the action because Chaturon was wanted under an arrest warrant and had travelled overseas.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Chaturon-calls-for-his-passport-to-be-returned-wan-30270110.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-03

What losses?

Oh, right. He could not travel to see his paymaster and pick up his cheque.

Only a simpleton could believe this.

Only a simpleton would not see WhizBang's comment was sarcasm, dipped in satire, & rolled in black humor. thumbsup.gif

(but...............many a true word spoken in jest)

What losses?

Only a simpleton would not see WhizBang's comment was sarcasm, dipped in satire, & rolled in black humor. thumbsup.gif

Amazing you can see all that. Pretty straightforward to me and is juvenile.

Bingo..There is that sentence about human dignity again.

Plodprasop was told to issue an apology for restricting human rights and violating human dignity yet refused stating "these people are useless"

I bet, I absolutely bet Paryut does not call him a useless person. As that would be undemocratic you know.

One could be confused as to whether it was Plodprasop or Prayut that was the democratic one.

My money is on Prayut. A least he wants to restore it. The other one only adhered to one aspect of democracy giving him the power to suppress the others.

Interesting that Thailand is in a state of a hybrid democracy now. When a passport is revoked without question then proper democratic process is followed to have his passport returned. All just for show though right!!! (according to the bitter and twisted anyway)

Edited by djjamie

I am very glad to see some of these people fighting back. I hope one or more of them prevail.

I agree. Whether you like/dislike this person it is wrong for anyone let alone an illegal military junta, to arbitrarily withhold anyone's passport. As for any charge of corruption/ineptness, he can join the queue.

I can't understand why so many posters complain about corruption then complain even more when the government acts against it.

They complain about his passport being revoked but also laugh and complain when so many have been charged with crimes then fee the country because their passports were not revoked.

Does anyone have any numbers on how many corrupt politicians have fled Thailand in the past several years? I would love to see that.

What losses?

Amazing you can see all that. Pretty straightforward to me and is juvenile.

Oh dear, jokes against the Shin clan are not permitted in the Utopia vision of Shinaland?

Lighten up Eric, you'll be as ego sensitive of the loved by all big boss if you take it too seriously.

Oh dear, jokes against the Shin clan are not permitted in the Utopia vision of Shinaland?

Lighten up Eric, you'll be as ego sensitive of the loved by all big boss if you take it too seriously.

Apparently you can say anything you like about the PM, Suthep, Abhisit, in fact anyone who dares to oppose the Shins in any way, but don't you dare say anything about a PTP former Minister.

It's not on! biggrin.png

I can't understand why so many posters complain about corruption then complain even more when the government acts against it.

They complain about his passport being revoked but also laugh and complain when so many have been charged with crimes then fee the country because their passports were not revoked.

Does anyone have any numbers on how many corrupt politicians have fled Thailand in the past several years? I would love to see that.

He has not been charged with corruption.

He has been charged for not attending an attitude adjustment order and a post on Facebook.

He is facing 7 years in jail,decided by a military court with no right to appeal.

A wise man would run, but I don't think he will.

He has not been charged with corruption.

He has been charged for not attending an attitude adjustment order and a post on Facebook.

He is facing 7 years in jail,decided by a military court with no right to appeal.

A wise man would run, but I don't think he will.

Regardless what the charges are, if this guy got locked up in the Crow Bar Motel I doubt if too many people would care about it.

The government is probably charging people of his ilk hoping they will run, let them carry on from another country with no hope of return to Thailand (unless of course they want to do time in a Thai prison), a-la another well known ex-politician who is in "self imposed exile"............cheesy.gif