Where To Find Hotel For Half Day Or 6-8 Hours ?

Scottbiker1976

Hey all,

Where can i find a hotel or place to crash for a half day or 6-8 hours in bkk like sukhumvit or petchburi, siam area ???

Reason is im coming over from Nakhon in the morning, shopping a little bit and leave at midnight to catch my plane to europe.

Anyone have a suggestion ?

Thx in advance

Scottbiker

Hey all,

Where can i find a hotel or place to crash for a half day or 6-8 hours in bkk like sukhumvit or petchburi, siam area ???

Reason is im coming over from Nakhon in the morning, shopping a little bit and leave at midnight to catch my plane to europe.

Thx in advance

Scottbiker

It may not be as easy as that. Many hotels in the area advertise "late check out", meaning 2-6pm for the guests already there.

Whatever hotel u chose, ask for "day rest". That's 10am-4 or 6 pm.

As think_too_mut says, most major Hotels have a "Day Use" rate, not sure what the number of hours allowed is but you can always ask and negotiate for your own requirement.

Alternatively of course, if you are alone (a Thai wife would not usually appreciate the "atmosphere"!) you could simply walk into a "Short Time" hotel - Penthouse or Playboy in the Soi opposite Bamrungrad hospital on Sukhumvit Soi 3 for example.

Patrick

• 4 months later...
Where can i find a hotel or place to crash for a half day or 6-8 hours in bkk like sukhumvit or petchburi, siam area ?

Your trip probably has already finished, but this information may be useful to others. Almost any hotel will rent short-time -- for a day rate -- if they have a room available and ready. Even the nicest hotels. Just walk in and ask. Specific language to use when asking at reception is, "day rate".

Hey all,

Thx in advance

Scottbiker

You might try the Business Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 (not far from the Nana Skytrain stop.) They have "no window" rooms for 600 baht if you reserve one ahead of time. Depending on what time you check in in the morning, closer to noon the better, they might be able to book you a room.

I arrive there after 1 in the morning from the U.S. on NWA. This may give them 2 bookings for the same room. Email them at:

[email protected] and ask for the 600 baht room.

You might try the Business Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 (not far from the Nana Skytrain stop.) They have "no window" rooms for 600 baht if you reserve one ahead of time. Depending on what time you check in in the morning, closer to noon the better, they might be able to book you a room.

I arrive there after 1 in the morning from the U.S. on NWA. This may give them 2 bookings for the same room. Email them at:

[email protected] and ask for the 600 baht room.

The expensive rooms with a view of the soi are 800B and you can open the windows to enjoy the atmosphere :D , just don't open the curtains when not wearing clothes as the rooms across the soi (also Business Inn) look straight in on you. Looking out the window can be an education. :o