Dont use Lazada COD

kingalfred

I purchased a computer tablet from Lazada using the pay when received option. It turned out to be faulty but Lazada told me that it was my responsibility to return to the seller direct"lazada not being the seller" They were not interested in the problem. Clearly without paypal or credit card protection a buyer is screwed on Lazada!

Edited by kingalfred

If you bought a Dell you are in luck because they are very easy to work with in Thailand. Go on line speak to an English speaking tech and they will solve problem and have it delivered to your house. I was very happy with service. I bought local new but preferred to work with Dell than local company.

If you bought a Dell you are in luck because they are very easy to work with in Thailand. Go on line speak to an English speaking tech and they will solve problem and have it delivered to your house. I was very happy with service. I bought local new but preferred to work with Dell than local company.

+1

Repaired/replaced parts on my Dell Vostro. they replaced HDD, RAM and MB.

Call Dell Thailand for support. Keep the service tag of your tablet ready.

Dell Thai Call Center:

02 670 7200 and 02 670 7250

Follow the voice prompt and speak to a technician. They will make an appointment and come to your place with replacement parts etc and fix your product onsite.

Good luck.

I purchased a computer tablet from Lazada using the pay when received option. It turned out to be faulty but Lazada told me that it was my responsibility to return to the seller direct"lazada not being the seller" They were not interested in the problem. Clearly without paypal or credit card protection a buyer is screwed on Lazada!

I had the exact same problem, but luckily the third party reseller was all too willing and replaced the item. As far as customer service is concerned, Amazon they are not. I decided in future that I would test the item before handing over the cash to the delivery driver, and if that wasn't acceptable I wouldn't take it.

I had the exact same problem, but luckily the third party reseller was all too willing and replaced the item. As far as customer service is concerned, Amazon they are not. I decided in future that I would test the item before handing over the cash to the delivery driver, and if that wasn't acceptable I wouldn't take it.

I do the same, but my wife wasn't happy trying out the rampant rabbit that I bought for her in front of the delivery guy.

Could you imagine if everyone was dicking around trying to fire up all sorts of electrical equipment without reading the manual, the drivers would be sitting in the vans for long periods..aint gonna happen

I, also had a problem with a Toshiba tablet bought COD, I contacted Lazada, and they gave me their warehouse address in BKK to return the tablet, after about 10 days, they refunded me the cost + 40B to my bank account :-) Don't understand others that had problems with Lazada? :-)

Could you imagine if everyone was dicking around trying to fire up all sorts of electrical equipment without reading the manual, the drivers would be sitting in the vans for long periods..aint gonna happen

How long does it take to flick an on switch? Reminds me of the time I bought an electric kettle from Homepro and the girl insisted on testing it for me. She took it out of the box and was just about to plug it in when I screamed out, it's got no water in it! So I just said forget it, give me another one in a sealed box and I'll take my chances. I enjoyed watching her climb up the ladder to get another box.

When buying from Ebay or any other Ecommerce site you have the exact same responsibility.

With eBay you have the responsibility to return a faulty item - but the seller pays.

Only in your dreams

Return policy
After receiving the item, contact seller within
Refund will be given as
Return shipping
60 days
Money back
Buyer pays return shipping

Fail to see what any of this has to do with the COD aspect of the service, if the goods were faulty they would presumably still be faulty if prepaid and sent in the mail or by other delivery method.

Personally I think the COD aspdct is great, as you have no worries after paying 35k (example) that it doesnt get lost in the delivery process.

The issue appears to be a faulty product not the delivery service or method as stated in the title.

Generally it is the buyers responsibility and cost to return items, however IF a fault is found then those costs should be refunded, unless its being returned as unsuitable etc and there is no fault.

Thats my understanding.

How long does it take to flick an on switch? Reminds me of the time I bought an electric kettle from Homepro and the girl insisted on testing it for me. She took it out of the box and was just about to plug it in when I screamed out, it's got no water in it! So I just said forget it, give me another one in a sealed box and I'll take my chances. I enjoyed watching her climb up the ladder to get another box.

I must be missing something. What does it hurt to turn on a kettle to see if it gets warm and then turn it off after a few seconds when you know the heating element works?

@ LOSTODAY

"I must be missing something. What does it hurt to turn on a kettle to see if it gets warm and then turn it off after a few seconds when you know the heating element works?"

Thats just bordering on stupidity. You may feel the urge and the right to test out a 300bht appliance so what about people getting 55 inch tvs? it takes 20 mins to unbox the damn thing and then root around looking for cables.These drivers are flat out all day so a 3 hour back log means end of the day they still have a 1/4 full van .... Seriously what a silly post

Edited by mcfish

@ LOSTODAY

"I must be missing something. What does it hurt to turn on a kettle to see if it gets warm and then turn it off after a few seconds when you know the heating element works?"

Thats just bordering on stupidity. You may feel the urge and the right to test out a 300bht appliance so what about people getting 55 inch tvs? it takes 20 mins to unbox the damn thing and then root around looking for cables.These drivers are flat out all day so a 3 hour back log means end of the day they still have a 1/4 full van .... Seriously what a silly post

Tesco Lotus a few weeks ago I bought a new big screen Samsung TV. They un boxed and plugged it in to make sure it worked. Home pro a couple of weeks ago I bought a hedge trimmer. They unboxed it and plugged it in and revved it up to make sure it worked. A month ago bought a new computer they un boxed it and hooked it to a monitor and made sure it worked.

I've lived in Thailand for a long time. What do you think they have all those clerks around for?

If you had read the post I was replying to (me stupid eh? cheesy.gif) the fellow was talking about a kettle he bought at home pro and a clerk wanted to test it in the store it was not a delivery.

If you are a gentleman you would say you are sorry for not reading the post before you called me stupid and silly. wai2.gif

Edited by lostoday

I have them check all the Chinese made stuff I buy in Chinatown and 5-10% is dead , most check it anyway without asking because so many are bad out of the box , This is cheap stuff like LED lights , flashlights and small electronics ,

I really think that the Chinese send the "seconds" to 3rd world countries at a lower price than the First Quality stuff that goes to the west , they are not going to throw it away !

I doubt that Lazada checks anything before shipping , not enough hours in the day and then it looks like it was already "used" and not tested in front of you .

the same would go if you bought it in eBay, Amazon or Lazada , you just need to hope its good and the seller knows and trusts his suppliers,

@ LOSTODAY

The day I feel the need to 'test out' a 300 Baht purchase, is the day I leave Thailand,.

@ LOSTODAY

The day I feel the need to 'test out' a 300 Baht purchase, is the day I leave Thailand,.

I bought a 50 baht cable. I didn't test it. It would have been easy to test. Plug it into my phone. It was raining. I slogged home in the rain. Changed my wet clothes. Sat down to connect my phone to my computer and nothing. I had to get dressed and get to the store again in the rain to get another cable. I think you are a person with no empathy who likes to brag " The day I feel the need to 'test out' a 300 Baht purchase, is the day I leave Thailand."

Edited by lostoday

Fail to see what any of this has to do with the COD aspect of the service, if the goods were faulty they would presumably still be faulty if prepaid and sent in the mail or by other delivery method.

Personally I think the COD aspdct is great, as you have no worries after paying 35k (example) that it doesnt get lost in the delivery process.

The issue appears to be a faulty product not the delivery service or method as stated in the title.

Generally it is the buyers responsibility and cost to return items, however IF a fault is found then those costs should be refunded, unless its being returned as unsuitable etc and there is no fault.

Thats my understanding.

No, they arrive in a big van with Lazada written on the side. Once I ordered something and was out when he turned up. I actually wished I hadn't ordered it so when he called me on my mobile I said I had made a mistake on the order. He said no problem and that was that. Never heard anything more about it Edited by trd

Thats my understanding.

No, they arrive in a big van with Lazada written on the side. Once I ordered something and was out when he turned up. I actually wished I hadn't ordered it so when he called me on my mobile I said I had made a mistake on the order. He said no problem and that was that. Never heard anything more about it

Most of mine (20 packages) came from a shipping company Kerry I believe was the name. 3 or 4 were mailed.

Edited by lostoday

I must be missing something. What does it hurt to turn on a kettle to see if it gets warm and then turn it off after a few seconds when you know the heating element works?

You'd think that wouldn't you? But I've been here too long and been in too many situations that leave me, how should I say, lacking in confidence about expected outcomes. Long timers will know what I mean.

Thats my understanding.

No, they arrive in a big van with Lazada written on the side. Once I ordered something and was out when he turned up. I actually wished I hadn't ordered it so when he called me on my mobile I said I had made a mistake on the order. He said no problem and that was that. Never heard anything more about it

Most of mine (20 packages) came from a shipping company Kerry I believe was the name. 3 or 4 were mailed.

Kerry is the best delivery service I have used in Thailand. Unfortunately, Kerry has agreed to sell its express (small parcel) division to Fedex in an all-cash deal scheduled to be complete in a couple of months. Looks like I'll have to find a new carrier. :-(

the wife and i have bought lots of electrical things through Lazada never a problem untill last weekend when i tried

to buy a " helmet camera " on the advert it said it was the last 1 in stock ( it was sold through ITand HOME ) so i

ordered it and they said 2 or 3 days to deliver , in the mean time i found ITandHOME own site and saw that the camera was OUT of stock so i called lazada and asked they said no it will be delivered to you , in the mean time i ordered another camera from a diffrent company and in was delivered , the only yesterday got email from lazada saying sorry we cant deliver the camera you ordered ..... why sell things they know they cant supply .... but i will still use them in the future to see if it was just a 1 off .

sorry i just spotted the topic heading .... everything we buy from lazada we have COD .

Edited by martynsnowmans

Heard from Thai friends that have had problems and vowed never to buy again from lazada..

In a shop/store most items sold are tested in front of you before taking away, they give a receipt and place a sticker on the item, the only thing they ask is to keep the box [some may find storing boxes for 1 year a problem]

Over the years have returned many faulty items here, some are tested and replaced on the spot, others you get a refund or new replacement within 5 - 10 days.. some years ago at Carrfore returned 2 different items, both times, not checked just asked do I wand a replacement ? a different one ? or a refund ? and done on the spot.

Something to be said about the old ways -- face to face buying

I have them check all the Chinese made stuff I buy in Chinatown and 5-10% is dead , most check it anyway without asking because so many are bad out of the box , This is cheap stuff like LED lights , flashlights and small electronics ,

I really think that the Chinese send the "seconds" to 3rd world countries at a lower price than the First Quality stuff that goes to the west , they are not going to throw it away !

I doubt that Lazada checks anything before shipping , not enough hours in the day and then it looks like it was already "used" and not tested in front of you .

the same would go if you bought it in eBay, Amazon or Lazada , you just need to hope its good and the seller knows and trusts his suppliers,

These same problems happen if you buy from one of the many vendors in a mall like Tukcom or Pantip. If it's a Chinese knockoff, good luck getting them to deal with it. Some do, some don't.

OP: what type of electronic did you purchase? As Charlie stated, COD is a great way to go. And so far, I've only bought stuff that Lazada supplies directly, unless it is cheap and not electronid! Great service.

These same problems happen if you buy from one of the many vendors in a mall like Tukcom or Pantip. If it's a Chinese knockoff, good luck getting them to deal with it. Some do, some don't.

OP: what type of electronic did you purchase? As Charlie stated, COD is a great way to go. And so far, I've only bought stuff that Lazada supplies directly, unless it is cheap and not electronid! Great service.

as I said I bought a tablet. COD is not a "great way to go" In future I will use Paypal. It protects the buyer and acts as a third party between you and seller.

as I said I bought a tablet. COD is not a "great way to go" In future I will use Paypal. It protects the buyer and acts as a third party between you and seller.

What kind of tablet?