Dont use Lazada COD

kingalfred

I've just looked through my lazada order history, in the last 18 months, I've ordered 12 items. All of them arrived C.O.D items ranging from cameras, tablets to cheapo computer desks.

All worked. All delivered on time or early. That's a 100% success rate. No complaints from me.

@ LOSTODAY

"I must be missing something. What does it hurt to turn on a kettle to see if it gets warm and then turn it off after a few seconds when you know the heating element works?"

Thats just bordering on stupidity. You may feel the urge and the right to test out a 300bht appliance so what about people getting 55 inch tvs? it takes 20 mins to unbox the damn thing and then root around looking for cables.These drivers are flat out all day so a 3 hour back log means end of the day they still have a 1/4 full van .... Seriously what a silly post

It's very typical in Thailand for the sales assistants wanting to remove the item from the box and confirm it at least turns on...even for large screen TVs...seen that occur many times in Lotus and Makro. Checking out a small appliance is quick and easy to do...at least to ensure the light turns and it begins to heat up.

Just last year we (the wife and I) bought a rice cooker at HomePro, the sales assistant asked if we want to quickly check it for operation, we said sure. The sales assistance took the cooker out of the box, put the pot in, turned it on...no light...dead...tried playing with it for a minute...still didn't work....then the assistant got another out of the box....it worked fine...we took it home....still working fine today. That quick check at the store saved us a return trip and getting a little PO'ed about having to return the item for replacement/refund. Nope, if the sales assistant wants to take it out of the box to confirm it turns on then go for it....it's not like they are doing this at the checkout counter...they are doing it back in the store where you are not impacting anyone else. Plus, with the zillion sales assistants they have in most store they need to have something to do.

And when I buy a smartphone or computer at a Thai store, you are durn right they are going to take it out of the box, turn it on to ensure it at least boots up before I'm buying.

Edited by Pib

Lazada's getting expensive now. I don't bother with them any more.

They have tens of thousands of items listed. I'm certain some of those might be expensive compared to else where. But saying "Lazada" is expensive and righting it off is a bit short sighted.

Many items are significantly cheaper on there too.

They have tens of thousands of items listed. I'm certain some of those might be expensive compared to else where. But saying "Lazada" is expensive and righting it off is a bit short sighted.

Not at all 'short sighted'. I used to buy regularly from Lazada and always researched/price comparisoned BEFORE committing. In recent weeks, Lazada has come out very unfavourably. Whether it has anything to do with teaming up with the guy from InvadeIT, I don't know. As for their 'tens of thousands of items'. Yes, the majority of which are crappy 'ornaments/clothing' from China.

Edited by dageurreotype

Not at all 'short sighted'. I used to buy regularly from Lazada and always researched/price comparisoned BEFORE committing. In recent weeks, Lazada has come out very unfavourably. Whether it has anything to do with teaming up with the guy from InvadeIT, I don't know. As for their 'tens of thousands of items'. Yes, the majority of which are crappy 'ornaments/clothing' from China.

InvadeIT and Lazada teaming up , any more details please ?

And if you want more evidence of Lazada's practices check out some of the Large flat screen tvs they are selling with"no warranty"

Has nothing to do with Lazada. Usually it's 3rd party retailers selling imported items. For instance, Samsung will not provide warranty or repairs for products made outside of this region.

It's good that they tell you that there's no warranty when there isn't!

Who the hell would spend 20,000B on a brand name TV and get no warranty? I guess there are mugs out there

Yep, I know several who've bought the latest and greatest Samsung smart phone or tablet because it's not available here in Thailand. They brought it to Thailand only to discover it has no warranty and not only that, it can't be repaired here!

@ LOSTODAY

"I must be missing something. What does it hurt to turn on a kettle to see if it gets warm and then turn it off after a few seconds when you know the heating element works?"

Thats just bordering on stupidity. You may feel the urge and the right to test out a 300bht appliance so what about people getting 55 inch tvs? it takes 20 mins to unbox the damn thing and then root around looking for cables.These drivers are flat out all day so a 3 hour back log means end of the day they still have a 1/4 full van .... Seriously what a silly post

most stores in Thailand test everything.. Last item I brought was a vaccum and the girls at the shop wanted to test it out. I stopped them from unpackaging it and told them I aint got to time for that, if its faulty I'll bring it back.

InvadeIT and Lazada teaming up , any more details please ?

I don't think theres any truth to that. Besides Lazada are cheaper than InvadeIT, when you consider the free delivery.