From non o retirement to non o dependent visa[thai daughter]

Hi is it possible to change retirement visa to dependent visa without leaving Thailand?Right now I'm on retirement extension,but don't have the required monthly 65000bt,I'm 2500 short,and my extension expires this month,so no chance anymore to show bankbook with 30000 or more bt 2-3month seasoned.So i like to change to dependent visa if possible without leaving Thailand..I have the required documents for that.

Or is there a different[easier] way???

Thanks for helpful answers

It would help people giving advice if you can confirm.....

• Do you mean a dependant child?
  • Are you married to the mother?
  • If a child and you are not married are you the legal father?

not married but I'm the legal father[Thai family court].

my daughters mother not live with us.My daughter is 13,Thai and German passport

There is no "dependant visa"

How old is your daughter and are you, in the eyes of Thai law, her legal Father.

Do you live with your daughter ?

Sorry about the intrusive questions but they are all relevant.

no problem,yes, we live together since 2009,my daughters mother is not in Thailand

• If a child and you are not married are you the legal father

Then yes you qualify to get an extension of stay for 1 year based on being her father.

You need 400,000 in the bank but it's only needed on the day of application or 40k per month income. But unlike a retirement extension you can't combine income and cash in the bank.

2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):

Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).

(2) The alien must have proof of relationship.

(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto:

(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

• If a child and you are not married are you the legal father

Then yes you qualify to get an extension of stay for 1 year based on being her father.

You need 400,000 in the bank but it's only needed on the day of application or 40k per month income. But unlike a retirement extension you can't combine income and cash in the bank.

2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):

Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).

(2) The alien must have proof of relationship.

(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto:

(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.

Thanks a lot,the 40000 is not a problem,i'm just 2500 short for retirement extension.I just thought immigration will make me leave Thailand to get a new non o visa first,ok thanks again

You could use the combination of money in the bank and income that totals at least 800k baht option to apply for an extension based upon retirement. The money only has to be in the bank on the date of application.

You could use the combination of money in the bank and income that totals at least 800k baht option to apply for an extension based upon retirement. The money only has to be in the bank on the date of application.

I fully respect your knowledge and also your excellent advice which I have noted over a long time. While in this case you are fully correct according to the law but I know of a few cases where the Immigration Officer demands the cash proportion be seasoned for 3 months as if it were for the full amount of 800,000. This happened in the past few weeks here in Korat. Fortunately the person in question had sufficient amount seasoned but the I.O. went through the bank book with his calculator to remove recent debits and credits and the amount required was over by 50.00, a very close call. It seems more and more I. Offices are demanding seasoning on the combination method. This is very difficult as how to argue with an I.O. even when you know

that according to the law seasoning is not required. Hopefully some Embassies will take this matter up with the relevant authority so clear instruction can be given to all I.Offices. Kind regards, Billmont