Good real estate company?

Pongpat

There is no exclusive listing system here so there is little incentive to market a home aggressively. That, and the fact there are literally thousands of homes for sale and few buyers at the moment, make it hard to fire up an agency for any particular house. I think most agents sit at their desk and spend the day watching YouTube cat videos.

The best way to sell is a sign on the gate and a few ads on the internet. The key is to price it to sell, not like you think it is an above average place because you own it. Too often sellers think their place is special, it's not. You want to sell it price it right! Btw, it's a buyers market, nothing much is selling.

Edited by inzman

Is there such a thing as a good 'real estate agent' in Thailand? I think not.

Why don't you advertise it yourself? Price it right and place local adverts in the press, internet, bill boards etc.

IMO you could probably do a better job of promoting it than your typical Thai 'estate agent'.

You'd be better off walking up and down Beach Rd with a double sided," bring out ya dead" placard round your neck!! At least some of the (sea) birds might feel pitiful and shi*e in your direction for free!!

Apologies, I can't be more constructive, but you'll find what you're looking for in any dictionary, it's between sh*t and syphilis.

Inzman and Peterrabbit are on the right track...if you have the time, just market it yourself. That's all any agent is going to do...start with a listings on f T-V and Craigslist. Then notices of the boards at Foodland, Best, Friendship, and Big C Extra (also on electric poles in the vacinity). Probably most important is the sign out front of the house and/or moobaan. Most people find their places by just driving around an area they like. And most important, price it right. Chook dee.

You'd be better off walking up and down Beach Rd with a double sided," bring out ya dead" placard round your neck!! At least some of the (sea) birds might feel pitiful and shi*e in your direction for free!!

Apologies, I can't be more constructive, but you'll find what you're looking for in any dictionary, it's between sh*t and syphilis.

Now although I do not necessarily agree with this post I slightly wonder why the "untold unsold many thousands" of houses did not join in the recent poll of "happy" house owners,it could well have altered the outcome of that particular poll somewhat "all doom and gloom" I suspect would be the outcome

Now although I do not necessarily agree with this post I slightly wonder why the "untold unsold many thousands" of houses did not join in the recent poll of "happy" house owners,it could well have altered the outcome of that particular poll somewhat "all doom and gloom" I suspect would be the outcome

Sorry you were disappointed. beatdeadhorse.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Sorry you were disappointed. beatdeadhorse.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Yes it was slightly weighted to the non-doom and gloomsters LOL best to put notice up next time " anyone pissed off here is not welcomed to vote"

There is no exclusive listing system here so there is little incentive to market a home aggressively. That, and the fact there are literally thousands of homes for sale and few buyers at the moment, make it hard to fire up an agency for any particular house. I think most agents sit at their desk and spend the day watching YouTube cat videos.

I wish .!!! lol

Believe it or not there are honest agents , not a lot , and steer clear of all the Russian ones , but has been said there are far more properties than buyers and renters ,if its a house you are selling , best of luck , as for the condo market ,there are quite a few selling , but you know the saying ,you dont need me to spell it out

as for the knockers of agents , it goes with the terrotory , they all sit doing nothing untill you ,the one person in their life phones and says i want to go on a viewing now , and contrary to popular beliefe , rent ,rates ,electricity ,advertising ,cars ,petrol ,staff etc etc are all free , they as agents are exempt from paying it every week . and every penny of the commision the few properties they rent or sell every month goes straight into the bank ,dont even pay tax.coffee1.gif

Edited by i claudius

Do it yourself, All the Real Estate companies here are crooks trying to make sales and commissions on both ends of the deal. Have you ever seen an open house held here? They do nothing except tell you there is no interest and you need to lower the price, once you do so they sale the house for more and pocket that and the commission. Good Luck

Agents will do exclusive agency if what you are selling is desirable, and they think they have a market for it. If it’s a ten a penny 1-5 million baht condo some crappy house or waste land, it is both in your and any agents interest to not do exclusive agency.

I wish .!!! lol

Believe it or not there are honest agents , not a lot , and steer clear of all the Russian ones , but has been said there are far more properties than buyers and renters ,if its a house you are selling , best of luck , as for the condo market ,there are quite a few selling , but you know the saying ,you dont need me to spell it out

as for the knockers of agents , it goes with the terrotory , they all sit doing nothing untill you ,the one person in their life phones and says i want to go on a viewing now , and contrary to popular beliefe , rent ,rates ,electricity ,advertising ,cars ,petrol ,staff etc etc are all free , they as agents are exempt from paying it every week . and every penny of the commision the few properties they rent or sell every month goes straight into the bank ,dont even pay tax.coffee1.gif

Well my several experiences with real estate agents in Thailand tell me there a useless lot, i had the TGF phone one agent on a condo in Ari BKK, she didn't return a call when she said she would on recalling the agent 2 days later she set up a time but didn't get back to confirm again we had to chase it up, the agent didn't bother to turn up while we viewed (getting condo staff to show us) and dint even do a follow up call to see what we thought.

i emailed another one again about a condo...this person did reply but told me an offer was on it and would look to see and get back to me as he had several others.....no return email to this day.

Another email enquire again over an other condo again a reply but no follow up, same just this week on a Pattaya condo i emailed and absolutely no reply..

I think there got to be the worst salespeople going, i mean you have a lead for gods sake use it but no...no follow up no nothing.

I wish .!!! lol

Still doesn't make them nice people.

I wish .!!! lol

Bit like a lot of the owners and clients then

But as someone said ,do it yourself ,and best of luck,you will need it, nobody forces anyone to use an agent,so why do people moan ,the answer is in their own hands

Edited by i claudius

There are decent individuals with the major real estate businesses mentioned above. You can tell if the sales representative has her/his #hit together when they are showing you a variety of places to sell or rent; takes the time out to help you; seems honest (not full of BS such as saying NO way will a tall condo be built in front of your view, there is a city ordinance -- these same good sales people would be the ones to help sell you house but when you are absent, it is hard to remind the sales rep to remember your special place...

I saw a house with the chap at Jomtien Property about 18 months ago in Jomtien Park Villas. I asked the owner the price of his house, he suggested I ask the agent!!!

That suggests the agent has a good relationship with the vendor. You may be surprised how many clients think they are smartarses by trying to go behind the agents back getting a lower price. As you viewed through the agent and they were there you would have already been aware of the price and could ask the agent for confirmation, bids, offers etc go through the agent not directly through the vendor.

Is there such a thing as a good 'real estate agent' in Thailand? I think not.

+1. After sending out all the correct buy signals I had to close myself when I bought my place, the agent spent the whole time staring out at the view.

I saw a house with the chap at Jomtien Property about 18 months ago in Jomtien Park Villas. I asked the owner the price of his house, he suggested I ask the agent!!!

That suggests the agent has a good relationship with the vendor. You may be surprised how many clients think they are smartarses by trying to go behind the agents back getting a lower price. As you viewed through the agent and they were there you would have already been aware of the price and could ask the agent for confirmation, bids, offers etc go through the agent not directly through the vendor.

Well considering the agent was about two feet away from me when I asked, I took it that the agent had added something on to the price. How silly of me to think that.

I wish .!!! lol

Bit like a lot of the owners and clients then

But as someone said ,do it yourself ,and best of luck,you will need it, nobody forces anyone to use an agent,so why do people moan ,the answer is in their own hands

And that is exactly how I did buy my house, a for sale notice on the gate, I enquired, we agreed a price and all sorted, no money grabbing middle men involved.

Well considering the agent was about two feet away from me when I asked, I took it that the agent had added something on to the price. How silly of me to think that.

If I am reading you correctly, you knew the price advertised by the realtor and asked the owner for "his price" while standing directly next to the realtor?

If I am reading you correctly, you knew the price advertised by the realtor and asked the owner for "his price" while standing directly next to the realtor?

No, I'd forgotten the price, I knew it was around 17 million but couldn't remember exactly how much it was.

I think you have misunderstood the situation, most vendors know there are so many idiots amongst the genuine buyers and have instructed the agent to sell their property for them...this includes negotiations concerning the price hence directing you to discuss with the agent. The scenario following him interacting with you regarding price would be followed up by "whats your bottom price" or an unrealistic lowball offer. Maybe now you will appreciate why he did that.