JD Pools iPanel Liner pools

otherstuff

Anyone have any feedback, experiences, and cost info regarding JD Pools iPanel liner pools? I was told they built the pools at the water parks nearby and I am interested in a pool with the same liner quality.

I gave them a thorough description of size, soil type, and other details for a simple rectangular, no frills design. Putting it in a former rice paddy next to the house, so no access, grading, or distance issues at all. I just want a simple standard per meter quote. They still want a site visit before quoting. Of course, that means they'll look at my home and quote accordingly...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by otherstuff

It depends where you are. Most JD Pools are independent franchises and set their own prices (and quality). Any bona fide pool constructor should be able to provide a ballpark figure - over the phone even. A site visit is necessary before anyone would commit to a firm quotation though, as some local factors could impact on the price.

• Like 2

Desjoyeaux is another franchise. A French one, and with over 5,000 members worldwide , possibly the largest for pools. Sharing the corporate image as part of the deal they pay for, the individual franchisees set their own prices and quality, the latter often depending on the labour they are able to employ locally. It's also a very interesting exercise to compare their prices for pool accessories (chlorinators, swim jets, robots, maintenance tools, etc), chemical products they are obliged to import, and concrete landscape gardening (custom pool decks) with those of reputable independent constructors and retailers. Personally, I would choose a fully customisable in-ground concrete pool over the design constraints associated with fibre-glass and vinyl liner pools. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

JD looks like it is a slightly cheaper version of the same system Desjoyaux pool. I say slightly so the tone doesn't come off as I am criticizing JD. I am basing this off of the appearance only.

I have no idea how much cheaper if in fact it is at all cheaper. I have a Desjoyaux pool and can say they aren't the cheapest on the market. Either way you go I like the system used with no pipes or tiles to break. There is very little that can go wrong with this type of set up and everything looks like it is guaranteed for 10 years for both companies. If the liner does give you trouble it is very easy to fix.

The basic out of the box Desjoyaux 8 x 4 meter pool they show on their website is $35,000.

The basic out of the box Desjoyaux 8 x 4 meter pool they show on their website is $35,000.

Assuming your information is correct - and there is no reason to believe it should not be - $35,000 is getting on for twice the price of top-qualty in-ground overflow type concrete pool, fully tiled, complete with reliable branded pumps & fiters, LED colour changing underwater lights, pump house, and salt water chlorinator. Built by Western owned or managed reputable pool companies.

The problem is that many (perhaps most?) bona fidae pool firms these days won't move their trucks out of the yard for a traditional 4 x 8 (unless it's just round the corner). Aye, there's the rub.

The problem is that many (perhaps most?) bona fidae pool firms these days won't move their trucks out of the yard for a traditional 4 x 8 (unless it's just round the corner). Aye, there's the rub.

I can understand why... but If it's small enough to fit on a truck, just buy fibreglass - then you can have a stylish 4x8, rather than just a tiled box ;)

• 2 years later...

Desjoyaux just quoted me 380,000 THB to refurbish my existing liner pool with new liner!  So that's just to replace the liner not build a pool! 100 square meter pool.  Seems expensive.  Can it be tiled cheaper ??  Here's the rub: I'm on Koh Samui where everything is double mainland prices...

PM me if interested in a fibreglass pool.

On 11/8/2015 at 5:55 AM, IMHO said:

I can understand why... but If it's small enough to fit on a truck, just buy fibreglass - then you can have a stylish 4x8, rather than just a tiled box ;)

"otherstuff" you can pm me if interested in looking at the Fiberglass option. Australian owned factory with well over 30 yr exp.