Can I apply for Non-B Visa

That's a big MAYBE!

I personally got denied a second non-b last year as my employer did not provided necessary documents for my WP in time to get the WP before my visa expired.

BUT I have 2 Filipino friends who have gotten 3 non-b visas in a row working at the same employer without having the work permit!

I think it's against the rules, but if you go with an agency they might have the "inside contacts" that will get you a second non-b visa!

That's a big MAYBE!

I personally got denied a second non-b last year as my employer did not provided necessary documents for my WP in time to get the WP before my visa expired.

BUT I have 2 Filipino friends who have gotten 3 non-b visas in a row working at the same employer without having the work permit!

I think it's against the rules, but if you go with an agency they might have the "inside contacts" that will get you a second non-b visa!

I have the same issue, my employer did not provide the necessary documents for my WP in time before my visa expire.

What did you do in your case when your Non-B had been denied the second time. (were you using an agency that time?)

So, your 2 Filipino friends, did they have to get 3 Non-B because your employer couldn't provide the necessary documents as well?(were they using an agency during those 3 attempts?)

I know that, I can possibly get an extension of stay with the immigration (as consideration) however, I just wanted to know more details and have more options at hand.

Edited by monicaaa

Dependent upon where you go you should not have a problem getting another single entry non-b issued.

I plan to go to Vientiane, Laos. Also, I plan to go with a visa run agency.

Also, as you mentioned that I should have not have a problem getting another non-b visa. Any case me getting denied for another non-b is high?

Vientiane will do another one as long as you have the correct documents.

If I go to Vientiane again, it will be my 3rd time to get the Non-B.

First - I got my Non-B in Vientiane (which was my first employer last year)

Second - My current Non-B that will expire soon

Third - assuming for the 3rd, Vientiane will still do another one as lone as my documents are correct?

Edited by monicaaa

But it will only be your 2nd back to back.

Since, my last employer had no problem preparing the documents for WP before.

Yes, It will be my 2nd back to back. Because my current employer had not prepared all the required documents yet.

In that case, I can still apply for Non-B in Vientiane with no problem?

Thank you very much! you have been very helpful

@ubonjoe

I just contacted one of the visa run agency in Bangkok. I had informed them my situation.

They are telling me that I cannot apply for another Non-B Visa consecutively (even just the 2nd time) under the same company.

Can you kindly confirm this one?

@ubonjoe

I just contacted one of the visa run agency in Bangkok. I had informed them my situation.

They are telling me that I cannot apply for another Non-B Visa consecutively (even just the 2nd time) under the same company.

Can you kindly confirm this one?

Find and deal with another company.

There is no reason for another visa not to be issued provided ,of course, you have a complete set of the required documentation.

I would also check that your employer has indeed filed an application for a work permit, it does not take that long, I remember getting mine within 2 weeks of application years ago. And this was because the documentation was all in order.

Have you got the receipt for the application?

Edited by beano2274

I would also check that your employer has indeed filed an application for a work permit, it does not take that long, I remember getting mine within 2 weeks of application years ago. And this was because the documentation was all in order.

My employer indeed applied for the WP application.

However, there has been documents problem / missing,

Then my Non-B Visa is about to expire in a span of 2 weeks,

I have no idea why the visa run agency claims that I cannot apply for another Non-B under the same company of my current Non-B.

My employer indeed applied for the WP application.

However, there has been documents problem / missing,

Then my Non-B Visa is about to expire in a span of 2 weeks,

I have no idea why the visa run agency claims that I cannot apply for another Non-B under the same company of my current Non-B.

I have heard this many times, coming back saying documents missing and other things. Even from top schools, universities and companies.

Do you have the receipt for the application, did you go with them?

I believe our HR have all the receipts. She keeps everything.

I did go with that agency for my first Non-B Visa.

you need the receipt to apply for a Non B, ask your employer for it. Without it you will not get a new Non B anywhere outside of Thailand, it is a legal requirement.

It does not matter that an agency went with you for the Non B, I am asking about if your employer really applied for a Work Permit, many people in Thailand post the same thing, in the end it is found out that the employer did not apply and the person was actually working illegally, be careful. Tell them you want the receipt......

With only two weeks validity remaining of your permission to stay either you or your Boss needs to shake up "HR" and DEMAND the paperwork is rapidly collated.

Edited by oncearugge

With only two weeks validity remaining of your permission to stay either you or your Boss needs to shake up "HR" and DEMAND the paperwork is rapidly collated.

All documents are ready now. but we are still waiting for 1 document which will be from Germany. Which the Labor Department had been eager to have that document. (because the company is on a partnership and the 1 partner is in Germany)

you need the receipt to apply for a Non B, ask your employer for it. Without it you will not get a new Non B anywhere outside of Thailand, it is a legal requirement.

It does not matter that an agency went with you for the Non B, I am asking about if your employer really applied for a Work Permit, many people in Thailand post the same thing, in the end it is found out that the employer did not apply and the person was actually working illegally, be careful. Tell them you want the receipt......

They did apply. I went with them in the Labor Department to check it my self.

^ UP

Can anyone really confirm this one? Because I found out that one of my friend got denied for another Non-B under the same company recently.

"Companies" do not deny the issue of visas.

Only an Embassy or Consulate can deny a visa application

Working under the same company ^

when applying for visa

Edited by monicaaa

^ UP

Can anyone really confirm this one? Because I found out that one of my friend got denied for another Non-B under the same company recently.

when applying for visa

If you mean your friend was denied a visa by an Embassy/Consulate because "The Company" failed to provide all the necessary documentation that would be understandable.

It is extremely unlikely that a visa was denied if a well documented application was made to an Embassy/Consulate.

Clarity of expression and the written word assists in the provision of good responses/advice.

Edited by oncearugge

^ UP

when applying for visa

If you mean your friend was denied a visa by an Embassy/Consulate because "The Company" failed to provide all the necessary documentation that would be understandable.

It is extremely unlikely that a visa was denied if a well documented application was made to an Embassy/Consulate.

Clarity of expression and the written word assists in the provision of good responses/advice.

The Visa was denied, because he still have an existing Non-B Visa which will expire next week. Which the employer is "Company A".

and then, he went back to apply for another Non-B Visa application because his workpermit application still cant be processed due to missing and not enough documents from the employer.

Hence, he applied for another Non-B Visa. under the same employer "Company A" in order to extend his Non-B Visa while the WP application is being processed

Edited by monicaaa

Thanks

That just demonstrates the incompetence of the Company's HR department.

A new visa will not be issued unless applied for with a full set of the required documentation.

Visas which are nearing the end of validity will be cancelled by the Embassy/Consulate and replaced but only if the application is properly made and accompanied by all the necessary paperwork.

This really shows that your HR Department have no clues about what is going on, a letter from Germany takes 5 days, this should have been done a long time ago, as obviously the other person you talk about would require this too, this makes me believe they are dragging their feet, and in reality you are illegally working in Thailand.