ED visa finish and want to go on tourist Visa

Hi,

I will return to Australia in December.

My 2nd year ED visa will finish on 2nd of November.

I plan to fly to either Cambodia or Vietnam and when I come back, would I have a problem getting a 30 day tourist visa?

I think it is ok, but want to be sure as I plan on get a 30 days tourist visa on 2nd of November and then extending it after the 30 days and that will give me enough time before I fly back to Australia in mid December.

Is there a time limit when I have leave Thailand on the ED visa to Tourist Visa? Can I just fly out for one night and come back without a problem?

• Like 1

There are no 30 day tourist visas!

If you mean a visa exempt entry an Australian would only receive a 15 day visa exempt entry.

30 day visa exempt entries are only available to citizens of G7 countries.

You should not experience any difficulty in obtaining a tourist visa.

If you fly in you get 30 days as an Australian. The 15 days is for land borders (30 days for G7 countries).

You'll be fine, you can do 6 visa-exempt entries in a year before IOs start to ask to see flight bookings, proof of funds etc.

No time limit for going from Ed to visa exempt, that only applies for back to back visa exempts.

Edited by jspill

If you fly in you get 30 days as an Australian. The 15 days is for land borders (30 days for G7 countries).

You'll be fine, you can do 6 visa-exempt entries in a year before IOs start to ask to see flight bookings, proof of funds etc.

No time limit for going from Ed to visa exempt, that only applies for back to back visa exempts.

ok thanks for the info

• Like 1

There are no 30 day tourist visas!

If you mean a visa exempt entry an Australian would only receive a 15 day visa exempt entry.

30 day visa exempt entries are only available to citizens of G7 countries.

You should not experience any difficulty in obtaining a tourist visa.

"If you mean a visa exempt entry an Australian would only receive a 15 day visa exempt entry"

30 days when arriving by air.