Man busted for drugs at Phuket checkpoint

Lite Beer

Man busted for drugs at Phuket checkpoint
Darawan Naknakhon

1444460084_1.jpg

Suthichai Kongsamuth was arrested last night (October 9).

PHUKET: A man was arrested last night (October 9) when police busted him at Tha Chatchai police checkpoint in Mai Khao with 3,921 meth pills and four grams of crystal meth hidden inside his van.

Tha Chatchai police arrested Mai Khao resident, Suthichai Kongsamuth, 34, at around 10pm. Police also seized a Toyota van that he used to transport the drugs, as well as his mobile phone.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-busted-for-drugs-at-phuket-checkpoint-54489.php#sthash.JGQm7eqX.dpuf

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-10

Police arrest minivan driver for drug running
Phuket Gazette -

PHUKET: Police last night arrested a minivan driver at the Tah Chat Chai Checkpoint after officers discovered 3,921 ya bah (methamphetamine) pills and four grams of ya ice (crystal methamphetamine) in the van he was driving.

Following his arrest, Sutthichai Kongsamut, 34, told police that he was running methamphetamine for a drug lord operating out of a prison in Nakhon Sri Thammarat.

“This was a random check,” explained Tah Chat Chai Deputy Superintendent Nikorn Choothong. "We stopped the van and noticed two suspicious light blue bags on the seat next to the driver.”

- See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Police-arrest-minivan-driver-drug-running/62122#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-10-10

Off would go the head if I were the judge. The pain and misery such swines cause among youngsters with their chemical trash is unfathomable. Let him eat all of it in one go and then dispose of him at the nearest trash dump.

No they do not cause pain and misery. That is just a media myth. 99% of drug use is about fun and good times.

Off would go the head if I were the judge. The pain and misery such swines cause among youngsters with their chemical trash is unfathomable. Let him eat all of it in one go and then dispose of him at the nearest trash dump.

No they do not cause pain and misery. That is just a media myth. 99% of drug use is about fun and good times.

The OP was talking about "youngsters" many of whom are simply unable to control themselves, becoming addicts in the process. Meth is a killer in any country, no good times come from its use. The real problem here is that addiction destroys lives, period. Have any kids? I thought not.

post-26657-0-92661300-1444491247_thumb.p

Nope, drug use is not about fun and good times. We lost our son, aged 21, to heroin back in 2000. The two years preceding his death were not about fun and good times for him, our family nor others close to him. They were a special kind of hell. And in my later years as a family drug counsellor I did not hear much laughter nor see much joy.

I can assure many people have found other ways to have fun and good times without reverting to mind altering drugs. Oh That's right, they not mind altering are they?

And your knowledge comes from? You wouldn't really know would you? Just another user's myth and brain dead statement. Tell this to the loved one's of those who have died owing to these hideous concoctions. Or maybe you are just oblivious owing to ?????

There are responsible users of drugs and irresponsible users of drugs. Drugs (I do not count marijuana in this category, but alcohol for sure) have the ability to kill if you do not exercise self control. I and many others I know have been able to use drugs responsibly and carefully. it comes down to self control. Blaming drugs for deaths is much like blaming guns for deaths.. It's whose hands it's in that makes the difference...if you can't handle the drugs, don't take them! Simple as that!

By the way, on a harm scale, there isn't much worse than alcohol which it totally legal. so legality has nothing to do with it..

Edited by Smurkster

That's probably one reason you're not a judge. Maybe not the primary reason but one that would certainly disqualify you.

I am the only one who sees the irony in "Lite Beer" posting articles about drugs?

I've had seven relatives die directly or indirectly because of alcohol. It's totally legal.

Both of my parents died because they smoked cigarettes. Totally legal.

My best friend died from an accidental prescription drug overdose. Totally legal.

Number of relatives and friends who died from illegal drugs, zero.

Edited by Guitar God

I am the only one who sees the irony in "Lite Beer" posting articles about drugs?

I've had seven relatives die directly or indirectly because of alcohol. It's totally legal.

Both of my parents died because they smoked cigarettes. Totally legal.

My best friend died from an accidental prescription drug overdose. Totally legal.

Number of relatives and friends who died from illegal drugs, zero.

It's such a valid point, legality is what people get all worked up on when cigarettes and alcohol are probably the worst. Also a place like Thailand is where the war on drugs has probably failed the hardest. Before the war on drugs started here seriously in 2001, there was A LOT less Yaba, the drug of choice for many was Ganja, but during the war on drugs they got rid of all the ganja and ironically the place got flooded with even MORE Yaba. I had a conversation with a young Thai, I think somewhere he offered me some yaba I told him I didnt do that, its bad..but said I smoked herb if he had any, he looked at me horrified and told me "no, police catch" oh so great, pop those little demon pills and everything is ok right? but smoke that herb and you are some of degenerate..