Deaf Folk Guitarist

Compo

Been in a few venues recently and have come across a quite loud American farang folk guitarist who is seemingly deaf.

Anybody know the story ??

What about work permits and noise pollution control ??

If he's deaf I doubt he gives a toss about noise pollution.

The Title of this post had me really worried as I initially misread it.

We have a Poster on Chiang Mai TV who uses the AVATAR 'Folkguitar' who recently posted about his 'Happy sausage experience'.

I thought the title read 'Dead Folkguitarist'! My mind raced with thoughts of what 'unhappy sausage experiences' could have caused the death of this popular poster.

I was therefore really happy when I re-read the title and realised that all was well on the CM forum, the usual erudite postings were being made and that this had nothing to do with our 'Folkguitar'.

Long live 'Folkguitar' and his postings.

Since you feel so strongly about this that you had to bring it the attention of the CM populace why do you not enlighten us with a few more facts.

You say 'Been in a few venues recently and have come across a quite loud American farang folk guitarist'

Is he performing in all of these venues or just one. (you really have bad luck if he is performing in every venue you have been in!) The location(s) and the artiste's performing hours would be of interest so we can avoid him.

You say he is 'American farang' and imply he requires a work permit so I assume you have discussed this with him and that there is no chance of dual nationality/Thai ID card etc.

Noise and live entertainment go hand in hand and the acceptable decibel level decreases rapidly with age I find.

Nothing like a little support for other expats is there? Don't like the music a dude is playing? Turn him into the cops - maybe there'll be a reward? ! (If there is - they'll award it to themselves and not to you). As if expat life wasn't troublesome enough. Sort your act out and stop acting like a git.

Nothing like a little support for other expats is there? Don't like the music a dude is playing? Turn him into the cops - maybe there'll be a reward? ! (If there is - they'll award it to themselves and not to you). As if expat life wasn't troublesome enough. Sort your act out and stop acting like a git.

You have just said in a much more precise fashion what I was trying to say above!

<deleted>

Nice to see the real YOU is alive and posting!

No doubt I'm a folk guitar player, and no doubt that I'm pretty deaf these days. And certainly no doubt that I'm still alive.

But there is also no doubt that I'm being treated for serious tendonitis in my left hand, under a doctor's care, and haven't been able to play guitar for the past six months.

Some say that's a good thing. smile.png

The Title of this post had me really worried as I initially misread it.

We have a Poster on Chiang Mai TV who uses the AVATAR 'Folkguitar' who recently posted about his 'Happy sausage experience'.

I thought the title read 'Dead Folkguitarist'! My mind raced with thoughts of what 'unhappy sausage experiences' could have caused the death of this popular poster.

I was therefore really happy when I re-read the title and realised that all was well on the CM forum, the usual erudite postings were being made and that this had nothing to do with our 'Folkguitar'.

Long live 'Folkguitar' and his postings.

......and may he have the happiest of sausages

You say he is 'American farang' and imply he requires a work permit so I assume you have discussed this with him and that there is no chance of dual nationality/Thai ID card etc.

I tried talking to him but got no reply!