Inclusion on father's name in birth certificate

ATSM

Need any advice if possible.

I wasn't in Thailand when my daughter was born and i'm not married to my girlfriend currently but i'm planning to do so in due time. I was told that my name can't be included in the birth certificate anymore after the child is born. This may post some issue as i'm also planning to bring them back to my country.

Can anyone share some light if its true?

Thanks in advance.

Who is named as the father on the birth certificate then anyone ?

And why didn't your GF put your name,she can actually name anyone as the father on the birth certificate.

But under Thai law unless you are married or legitimise the child through the courts you have no parental rights by just being on the birth certificate.

You will either have to marry or legitimise through the courts to become the legal father.

That's your call.

Edited by stoneyboy

I as not present when my daughter was born and the mother put another man's name on the certificate.

I went to the Amphur and asked for it to be changed.

The Amphur told me to get a DNA test at an accredited hospital in Bangkok.

Took the results back to Amphur and the Name, Nationality and my age at time of daughter's birth were amended..

A note was added to my daughters certificate explaining the changes. This was signed and stamped.

DNA results took two months, can you believe? Had the initial DNA test done in UK - took 7 days including sending material back to UK but the Amphur would not accept it :-(

Cost of DNA test approx. 14,000 Baht

Edited by Johnjc

Johnjc - Why did your GF put another mans name on the Birth Certificate, she did not have to put anyones, I am sorry but I would be a bit suspicious.

ATSM as John said a DNA test can be done, but why did she not have your name on the childs birth certificate?

Edited by beano2274

Hi beano2274

Unfortunately my daughter's mother is a law unto herself.

We had split up.

She was told not to do it, but she did.

I have shaved all my hair off so I cannot pull it out in frustration!

When I get an email from her, I start to act as commissioner Dreyfus from the Pink Panther films, and that is before I have opened the email - after I've opened it I am usually in a foetal position on the floor quietly rocking myself.................

• 3 weeks later...

Hi beano2274

Unfortunately my daughter's mother is a law unto herself.

We had split up.

She was told not to do it, but she did.

I have shaved all my hair off so I cannot pull it out in frustration!

When I get an email from her, I start to act as commissioner Dreyfus from the Pink Panther films, and that is before I have opened the email - after I've opened it I am usually in a foetal position on the floor quietly rocking myself.................

Unless you have registered as the biological father in Thailand, the mother has total rights over the child. She can even nominate another man as the father and place his name on the birth certificate.

Your only option now is to take your case through the Thai legal system and the courts that can bash on for years.