Leaving for good during 7-day grace period

Dear OP ... to respond to your question and comment on the threads one saying yes and the other saying no ... well both are correct. This is Thailand. Always have a few thousand handy when you deal with Immigration.

You suggesting BOTH are correct. Has this actually happened to you or friend, or your posting a theory?

I would prefer to listen to the experienced members for my advice. That advice has been clearly provided.

Yes ... both are correct ... I have been here 9 years and yes it has happened to me. If I were you I'd do an on line 90 day ... CYA.

There is also a 7 days grace period for reporting. If your dates are correct nothing has to be done.

There is no "grace period" merely a window of time during which a 90 day report can be made. 15 days prior to the due date and 7 days after.

So in realty it will be 7 days grace as the report window us as stated 15 days before 7 days after and no penalty incured

But you have to actually report within the 7 days after .

• Like 1

Dear OP ... to respond to your question and comment on the threads one saying yes and the other saying no ... well both are correct. This is Thailand. Always have a few thousand handy when you deal with Immigration.

You suggesting BOTH are correct. Has this actually happened to you or friend, or your posting a theory?

I would prefer to listen to the experienced members for my advice. That advice has been clearly provided.

Yes ... both are correct ... I have been here 9 years and yes it has happened to me. If I were you I'd do an on line 90 day ... CYA.
If the visa or extension of stay is current up to or beyond the day of departure and the 90 day report date including the 7thday is beyond that report date then there is no compulsion to act on it ! The 90 day report is primarily a confirmation of place of stay/ residence.... so what is the need? " I declare I am no longer staying or intend to stay in Thailand at any address!" ........????????

Why complicate what is simple?

What has happened to you???. Have you left los without report as per the op and never returned??. Have you been pulled up at airport for not reporting. Sorry forgot you have been here for 9 years. Excuse me. Post facts or nothing.