Crime - Thai Craft Beer [Film]

Why is brewing beer a crime? It competes with corporations who then lobby ฿฿฿ politicians to pass legislation to make home brewing illegal. To make it sound plausible to the simple folk, the highly moral politicos will play the Buddhism card.

This game is played world-wide. It's not unique to the LOS.

Anyway, I can't blame them. The first micro-brewery I found was in Berkeley, CA in the 1980s. I had an IPA. I've never tasted beer that tasted so good in my life. Then I realized that virtually all commercial beer tasted like, as my late father so aptly said, 'tiger piss'. All the big commercial breweries brewed essentially the same, tasteless light ales. Once I tasted that kind of beer, I never went back. Micro-brew are big business in my state. I'm sure Bud isn't happy with that. But they always have the option to brew a better beer. Virtually all Thai beer is tasteless ale. I can't blame these fellows.

Edited by connda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Several years ago there were no craft beer around Pattaya (at least it was difficult to find it) now it's a little better. I found some nice stout in The Cove pub near view talay 2. They have about 16 taps. I noticed drought Cornish Cider only 170 THB per pint - reasonable as for me.

• 2 weeks later...