Wissanu assigned to examine all unresolved government-related cases

webfact

Wissanu assigned to examine all unresolved government-related cases
Wasamon Audjarint
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam has been assigned to examine all unresolved government-related cases in order to be able to take proper actions to resolve them, PM General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday.

Some of the cases, including the embattled tollway transport service and radio frequency service, have been struggling for more than a decade, Prayut said. Actions to resolve them need to be taken before they expire, Prayut said, including those involving the rice-pledging scheme initiated by former premier Yingluck Shinawatra.

Government spokesperson Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd stressed that Wissanu would focus on major cases, with demands for billions of baht worth of damages. Currently, 12 cases are pending with the government as a plaintiff.

"Although we are a plaintiff in some cases, it doesn't mean that we will be of advantage," Sansern said. "It means that we have to counter [defendants] immediately before the cases are expired."

If we fail to resolve these issues, he continued, the government can be accused of neglecting its duties.

"More importantly, all government offices have to trace cases under their authority for the national benefit."

Sansern pointed out that all the cases happened before May 22, 2014, the day when the junta assumed power in a coup d'etat. However, the government needs to follow them up during its term.

The government will have to deal with defendants and plaintiffs, he added, whether they are civil servants, political officials, or domestic or international business offices.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Wissanu-assigned-to-examine-all-unresolved-governm-30270841.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-14

Resolve all government cases? Yesterday at BTS station I was heading to back of line for security check, but the line was growing faster than I was walking. I thought "I'll never get to the end!". Maybe in a thousand years all the cases could be "reviewed" but resolved? I don't think so.....

Resolve all government cases? Yesterday at BTS station I was heading to back of line for security check, but the line was growing faster than I was walking. I thought "I'll never get to the end!". Maybe in a thousand years all the cases could be "reviewed" but resolved? I don't think so.....

I was just thinking the same thing, and wondered if the gov't had secretly found Ponce DeLeon's Fountain of Youth up in Nakhon Nowhere, and given Wissanu a soapy massage in its waters.

tthis is good news, otherwise all these cases would be forgotten about or slowly allowed to expire due to the statue of limitations.. The previous government did not do anything about them because many of their members were involved. It really takes the army to get things done now in Thailand.

it saddens me to see TV members making childish and snide remarks every time the government does something constructive. but I guess the best thing to do is to ignore them even though one sees the same small group regularly sniping against the government. Perhaps theyI got nothing better to do

tthis is good news, otherwise all these cases would be forgotten about or slowly allowed to expire due to the statue of limitations.. The previous government did not do anything about them because many of their members were involved. It really takes the army to get things done now in Thailand.

it saddens me to see TV members making childish and snide remarks every time the government does something constructive. but I guess the best thing to do is to ignore them even though one sees the same small group regularly sniping against the government. Perhaps theyI got nothing better to do

I agree - there is a massive need for a procedure to follow up on outstanding legal cases and issues before they are allowed to slowly drift away and expire.

But, let's hope that all cases are included in this progress procedure and not just "selected" ones.

The whole judicial system needs a shake up.

At least he's not promised to resolve them all in 90 days like champagne Chalerm would!

But really, he can't possibly resolve them all, unless he's the masked magician.

However, getting them unblocked, moving and in progress, with proper monitoring is something that needs putting in place.

This is about government cases. Does that include criminal cases where the AG / State prosecutor is the plaintiff e.g. red bull boy, all the outstanding fraud and abuse of power cases, all the cases against rioters, murderers, violent offenders of all political persuasions?

This looks a tall order. But, hopefully won't just be a purge on the "selected" cases of interest.

In the civilized world, cases that have been brought to court, and people/entities have been officially charged with a crime, well, there ends the statute of limitations.

I'm no attorney, but that's my understanding = open case with charges filed in court cannot expire until acquittal or conviction.

Otherwise they aren't even "Cases", just accusations.

The headline should read, "Wissanu assigned to examine all unresolved government-related criminal allegations"

Edited by jaywalker

Something constructive? Hmmm let me think about that one and get back to you. Coup, Beach cleanup, Lottery ticket cleanup, Park land encroachment, Bombing in BKK yes and all were generously financially rewarded TWICE still no trial reward money gone (police 2 tipsters 0), Rioting in Phuket moving full speed ahead only a 100,000 baht reward to police. Beach murder of 2 Britishers proceeding nicely again cash rewards for police all around. Sorry getting tired and still thinking. Maybe speed is picking up on cases as you say because members of the other side were involved to your thinking anyway. You get to pick off the opposition and pick up some Brownie points in the process a double header (To be continued)

Something constructive? Hmmm let me think about that one and get back to you. Coup, Beach cleanup, Lottery ticket cleanup, Park land encroachment, Bombing in BKK yes and all were generously financially rewarded TWICE still no trial reward money gone (police 2 tipsters 0), Rioting in Phuket moving full speed ahead only a 100,000 baht reward to police. Beach murder of 2 Britishers proceeding nicely again cash rewards for police all around. Sorry getting tired and still thinking. Maybe speed is picking up on cases as you say because members of the other side were involved to your thinking anyway. You get to pick off the opposition and pick up some Brownie points in the process a double header (To be continued)

Why are you mixing the actions of the police with those of government prosecutors ?. You do know the police don't actually handle the prosecutions right ?????. They just arrest the scumbags.

If you were a little more astute, you would realise that where the Army go in, things get sorted out. When it is left to the police, everything turns back to sh*t. The problem is that the police are fundamentally rotten from top to bottom. Every senior figure at every level is dirty to some degree and Prayuth would have to fight every one of them to change anything. And you do know what kind of person your average policeman is right ? (a clue to help you a bit : they are nicknamed 'tomatoes').

But don't feel bad : you are not the most ignorant poster on here by a long shot.

Why are you mixing the actions of the police with those of government prosecutors ?. You do know the police don't actually handle the prosecutions right ?????. They just arrest the scumbags.

If you were a little more astute, you would realise that where the Army go in, things get sorted out. When it is left to the police, everything turns back to sh*t. The problem is that the police are fundamentally rotten from top to bottom. Every senior figure at every level is dirty to some degree and Prayuth would have to fight every one of them to change anything. And you do know what kind of person your average policeman is right ? (a clue to help you a bit : they are nicknamed 'tomatoes').

But don't feel bad : you are not the most ignorant poster on here by a long shot.

Perhaps Elgordo is referring to the point that the police are normally the one's who file charges.

I do disagree with much of your rhetoric EnglishJohn, but I do agree that the cops are corrupt top to bottom, and I would imagine that was Elgordo's point as well.

However I have worked with the Army, and they are PATHETICALLY, just as corrupt as the BIB.

Only difference is they outnumber the BIB and have M16's instead of 9 MM pop guns is the only reason the BIB bow before the Army.

Thailand seems to be living in the age of when Rome made General Julius Caesar an Emperor, just because he had thugs (an Army) that would back him instead of the Roman senate.

I do suppose though, on the other hand, that coup after coup after coup is better than civil war, which is where the country seemed to be headed prior to the last coup.

I just wish the current powers that be (given Article 44 powers), would use it for cleaning up the BIB instead of creating bicycle lanes and evicting beach vendors and other such trivial matters.

Perhaps Elgordo is referring to the point that the police are normally the one's who file charges.

I do disagree with much of your rhetoric EnglishJohn, but I do agree that the cops are corrupt top to bottom, and I would imagine that was Elgordo's point as well.

However I have worked with the Army, and they are PATHETICALLY, just as corrupt as the BIB.

Only difference is they outnumber the BIB and have M16's instead of 9 MM pop guns is the only reason the BIB bow before the Army.

Thailand seems to be living in the age of when Rome made General Julius Caesar an Emperor, just because he had thugs (an Army) that would back him instead of the Roman senate.

I do suppose though, on the other hand, that coup after coup after coup is better than civil war, which is where the country seemed to be headed prior to the last coup.

I just wish the current powers that be (given Article 44 powers), would use it for cleaning up the BIB instead of creating bicycle lanes and evicting beach vendors and other such trivial matters.

saying the army is as corrupt as the police is about the most stupid remark I have ever read on this forum. there is no comparison. Firstly the average soldier has no opportunity to engage in corruption whereas nearly every policeman does.. You say you have had dealings with the army. What were they? With a few privates trying to make a little extra money?.I was in the military and never once had a chance to do anything corrupt even if I wanted to.I'll admit there is a certain amount of corruption the army just as there is in most armies. whereas nearly the whole police force is corrupt.

I have many friends in both the army and the police and I must admit that some of my police friends are corrupt whilst my Army friends are definitely not.

Calling the army "pathetically" corrupt indicates your ignorance in a big way and makes me think the word pathetic should be applied to you.