Non-O marriage visa, re-entry permit, report date questions.

My Non-O marriage visa expires on December 2. I obtained a re-entry permit, left Thailand on September 2 then returned on September 23. My passport stamp indicates that I am admitted until December 2 but I thought that I needed to report within 30 days of re-entering Thailand (which would be October 23). When do I need to report to Immigration?

Also, I heard long ago that the Non-O marriage visa can be extended for another year automatically after re-entering Thailand if you re-enter before the Non-O visa expires. Is this true or will I need to go through the pain of obtaining all of the documentation I needed to apply for the marriage visa?

Thanks in advance!

Visas based on marriage are usually issued as single or multiple entry "O" visas, The single entry visa allows one 90 day stay whilst the multiple entry visa provides multiple 90 day entries while valid. "Reporting" is not a requirement of either visa

Extensions of stay have to be applied for there are no "automatic" extensions"

You apparently have an extension of stay not a visa. You were stamped in to the correct date.

There is no 30 days after entering the country report.

Your next 90 day report will be due 90 days from the date you entered the country including that day in the count.

You need to apply for another extension of stay prior to December 2nd at immigration.

• The 90 day report count resets to day 1 if you re-enter the country.

There is no 30 day report.

Your next 90 day report is due on Dec 21st.

You can apply for another extension of stay up to 30 days before Dec 2nd.

Regardless of how early you apply you don't lose out as the new extension will apply from when the current extension expires.

They might give you a new 90 day report date when you do the extension. If they don't you will still need to report on Dec 21st.

Please excuse my jumping in on this thread, but I have a similar question:

I am on an annual marriage extension. My next 90 reporting date is Nov. 21. We are traveling to the U.S. on Oct. 21 and returning on Nov. 22. Based on the current rules, I have 7 days following the Nov. 21 reporting date to report in. As I read the information in this thread, I would not have to report in when I return to Thailand until 90 days after the Nov. 22 return date. Am I correct in my understanding? Or, might I be faced with an overstay fine if I don't report in until Feb. 22, 2016?

Please excuse my jumping in on this thread, but I have a similar question:

I am on an annual marriage extension. My next 90 reporting date is Nov. 21. We are traveling to the U.S. on Oct. 21 and returning on Nov. 22. Based on the current rules, I have 7 days following the Nov. 21 reporting date to report in. As I read the information in this thread, I would not have to report in when I return to Thailand until 90 days after the Nov. 22 return date. Am I correct in my understanding? Or, might I be faced with an overstay fine if I don't report in until Feb. 22, 2016?

• Because you are leaving before the next report is due you do not need to report.
  • You only need to report if staying in the country continuously for 90 days.
  • The 90 day report resets to day 1 when you re-enter the country.
  • If you return on Nov 22nd your next 90 day report will be due Feb 19th 2016.

If leaving on the October 22nd you don't need to worry about the report and there will be no overdue fines due or payable.