Happy Cow pickles

Shot

Im interested in the pickle but first i need to know if you enjoy the thai brand sold at makro

If you do then i wont waste time buying them. Hope you hate them. 250b @ villa is crazy

Hate the Thai brand at Makro. Happy Cow 75 Baht for 250g

Im interested in the pickle but first i need to know if you enjoy the thai brand sold at makro

If you do then i wont waste time buying them. Hope you hate them. 250b @ villa is crazy

i bought a jar of the makro pickled cucumbers about a week ago, ate one and had to throw the rest away. typical thai style, 90% sugar, inedible.

who has the happy cow ones in rawai area? i haven't seen them in villa

Edited by stevehaigh

Hi Shot, when you say outside Big C do you mean on the road by Kamala bakery or outside the store itself.I have seen the van a few times and am interested in their dairy products.

cheers

It is in front of the store. If looking at the main door to BigC Kamala, it is just to the left, and about the size of a phone booth, not on the street but at the store front.

Edited by Shot

Hi Shot, when you say outside Big C do you mean on the road by Kamala bakery or outside the store itself.I have seen the van a few times and am interested in their dairy products.

cheers

It is in front of the store. If looking at the main door to BigC Kamala, it is just to the left, and about the size of a phone booth, not on the street but at the store front.

Cheers Shot will check it next week when back in Phuket.

Pickles are really easy to make at home. All one needs is cucumbers, salt, sugar, vinegar and fridge. Black pepper, garlic etc for extra taste.

The fast version is to slice cucumber to small slices. Put to a bar with vinegar, salt and sugar. Shake the jar vigorously and wait a few minutes before eating.

Yes, i heard the same story for hummus yet every homemade hummus i have ever had by myself or others has been terrible.

The reason pickles companies are doing so well is some of them have found the perfect ratio of everything.

Im surprised that HappyCow has not replied to my email in a few days. I simply asked them where i could buy their products on the east coast.

Pickles are really easy to make at home. All one needs is cucumbers, salt, sugar, vinegar and fridge. Black pepper, garlic etc for extra taste.

The fast version is to slice cucumber to small slices. Put to a bar with vinegar, salt and sugar. Shake the jar vigorously and wait a few minutes before eating.

I call those "refrigerator pickles", and they are quite tasty. I also add bird chili's for some heat.

• 2 weeks later...

The Best and oldest fresh dairy company is actually "HomeMade-Cheese Co." but they are located in Bangkok and supply to Phuket as well i think.

They make all these great fresh and organic dairy products as well as the best Hummus in Thailand i believe.

They even produce for TOPS Super market the organic own brand Yogurt and cheese.

check the website

www.homemade-cheese.com

I have been ordering their products for over 5 years now