Getting a Premiun Appointment with UKVI

I am absolutely staggered by the mind numbing incompetence of the <deleted> wits at UKVI.

My solicitor using my credit card details has tried to make an appointment for fast track FLR and again the bastards have taken the £500 NHS surcharge, that is £1500 now, and still there are no appointments.

UKVI are without doubt the most moronic useless bunch of cretins to walk the face of the Earth

Unf**king belivable.

Not really true!

They are short of staff and clearly have an IT system that would make a Sinclair Spectrum running Hungry Horace look high tech.

It would be worth contacting the credit card company to arrange a charge back for duplicate payments.

• Like 1

I don't care how short staffed they are. Apart from it being blatantly fraudulent designing such stupid computer system defies belief. I have already taken these numpties to court to get the first £1000 back and they pull the same trick.

If this was a private company acting fraudulently it is one thing but this is the British Government for Gods sake.

• Like 1

They are short of staff and clearly have an IT system that would make a Sinclair Spectrum running Hungry Horace look high tech.

It would be worth contacting the credit card company to arrange a charge back for duplicate payments.

Horace goes Skiing, takes me back. Two weeks off school with chicken pox and Manic Miner, The Hobbit, Jet Set Willy, Pssst, JetPac, to name but a few, fulfilled some happy days except for the itching, of course.

I digress and excellent advice. That's what credit cards are for. Anyone screws you over then straight on to your credit card provider and charge back. Easy peasy.

Top post which made me chuckle and reminisce. Thanks, Bob.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Horace goes Skiing, takes me back. Two weeks off school with chicken pox and Manic Miner, The Hobbit, Jet Set Willy, Pssst, JetPac, to name but a few, fulfilled some happy days except for the itching, of course.

I digress and excellent advice. That's what credit cards are for. Anyone screws you over then straight on to your credit card provider and charge back. Easy peasy.

The first two payments were on a debit card so there is no charge back. At least this time I used a credit card.

The first two payments were on a debit card so there is no charge back. At least this time I used a credit card.

You can make a charge back on a debit card get intouch with you bank

Chargeback is totally appropriate where there has been a 'clerical error' - for example multiple payments. However (quite a big however) I don't think the banks have a legal responsibility. It might just have got UKVI thinking!

Off topic but very important for some (from a recent inspection of Solihull application centre:

The inspection found that UKVI was correctly refusing applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) from applicants who had submitted their application before they had completed the qualifying period, but was then retaining both the premium service fee and the standard application fee. This was unreasonable given that the online system accepted such applications. The 84 page application form and 11 pages of guidance notes did not adequately highlight that premature applications would be treated in this way.

The inspection found that UKVI was correctly refusing applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) from applicants who had submitted their application before they had completed the qualifying period, but was then retaining both the premium service fee and the standard application fee.

I was under the impression the beggars could retain the fee from an incorrectly timed application? If so, shows how much I know. Though, am aware of discretionary repayments at times.

Try telling that to Lloyds Bank and Visa Debit. I have spend a total of 1.5 hours talking to two different dickheads in the Philippines explaining this. They say as it was an authorized transaction there is no charge back.

Lloyds bank just refer me on to Visa Debit.

Try telling that to Lloyds Bank and Visa Debit. I have spend a total of 1.5 hours talking to two different dickheads in the Philippines explaining this. They say as it was an authorized transaction there is no charge back.

Lloyds bank just refer me on to Visa Debit.

This maybe of interest if your dealing with a UK bank

http://www.choose.net/money/guide/features/chargeback-visa-mastercard.html

The inspection found that UKVI was correctly refusing applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) from applicants who had submitted their application before they had completed the qualifying period, but was then retaining both the premium service fee and the standard application fee.

I was under the impression the beggars could retain the fee from an incorrectly timed application? If so, shows how much I know. Though, am aware of discretionary repayments at times.

The Independent Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration considers this unfair. The report does not state if the poor family have got their, nearly £6000 back but does say that they were granted ILR three weeks later, having paid again.

His argument is that the system should not allow an early appointment to be made online in error. Computers can be very good at that sort of thing!

There is some discretion available but it seems UKVI wanted the money!

Edited by bobrussell

The Independent Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration considers this unfair. The report does not state if the poor family have got their, nearly £6000 back but does say that they were granted ILR three weeks later, having paid again.

Ambiguous waffle and no further forward to those poor unfortunates.

The Government self regulates with no balls. Great.

Ambiguous waffle and no further forward to those poor unfortunates.

The Government self regulates with no balls. Great.

Actually I don't agree (this time)!

If you check the follow up reports and later inspections it is clear that UKVI do listen and act. Many processes that are shown to be failing are gradually improved.

I suspect this is more to do with the fact that the newspapers often quote these reports as does The Today Programme. A little like duff companies sorting problems out when 'Watchdog' gets involved.

At best they may improve the IT a bit but doubt any refunds will result.

He certainly does get action when the inspectors identify the many failures by ECO's and ECM's! A recent inspection resulted in a number of visas being issued that had been rejected. Of course this was after the conferences and educational courses had taken place!

Edited by bobrussell