Eyebrow and Lip Tattoos - Is It Permanent?

coolhand53089

It is not permanent. Unlike a tattoo it does not penetrate the skin so deep. They need to be topped up after approx 3 months. The 100 baht cost is so underestimated. Eyebrows about 1500 to 2000 and lips 1000 approx. If she has paid 100 for eyebrows and free for lips then could be problems. Very poor quality ink can result in fading quickly or infection. I would strongly advise your wife to discontinue the treatment if that all she paid. My wife has a high quality beauty spa in Surin so I have a bit of knowledge about this. Obviously they will not have sterilizers or be changing the gun pins each time as they are reasonably expensive. More than her treatment cost. So she is using dirty needles and if lucky only washed in hot water. If lucky!! Cease all treatment and if she is adamant she wants that done go to a clean quality shop. You will pay more but new needles and properly trained people.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Even if it is "permanent" variety, it only lasts about 3 years. Less quality ones fade quicker depending the ink etc.

I know this since our family member does this for work in Europe.

So, nothing really damaging since it will wear off later. biggrin.png

think your wrong mate if it tattoo its there for life, you don't see all these clowns here with there tattoos washing off after 3 years cheesy.gif

Its permanent. Normally its eye brows, eye lids and lips.

Most Bar girls have it done so when they leave a customer in the morning they don't need to put on any make up when they walk out of a hotel.

Its also a lot cheaper for them too as they don't need to buy as much make up as the tattoo is the make up now.

Looks quite good on some girls (when they're young) Ive seen old women that have now got tattooed eye brows hanging over their eyes. It looks ridiculous.

Sorry to hear about this. mrsphil has been warned never to get it done.

the OP has now got to go around explaining to everyone she not a bar girl cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It's permanent. My wife knows ladies in UK that have undergone the same cheap procedure in LOS on their hols.

Yep permanent but more than 100bt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much do you think it really cost? At minimum?

why not ask the woman you"share" your life with?

My wife is a beautician & does eyebrow tattooing. If your wif paid 100 baht for the job then she has had a bad job done. My wife charges between 1000 & 2000 baht. Yes it is permanent but if a bad job has been done it can be repaired & then reapplied.

Edited by duckmandon

My girlfriend had her eyebrows done in one of the top clinics in Bangkok and paid 14.000 THB or so. It was done by some kind of 3D technique to make it look natural, it took the bloke a good 4 hours to complete the procedure.

The "tattoo" is temporary, i didn't like the outcome so she didn't repeat the procedure to make it long lasting. Now after 3 years it's almost gone.

Some of her friends have real tatoos that look like pencil lines, very ugly and permanent.

I guess it depends on the ink and type of tattoo procedure they used on your wife, better to find out.

• 4 weeks later...

What do you expect paying 200 bahts, a joke...

like prices on this page for professional services http://vayomassage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/BEAUTY-SALON-PRICES.pdf , a permanent makeup is a few thousands bahts.

if you pay cheap, you will get very bad job.

And they probably are not clean, very dangerous in the end for your body, etc

If it's too cheap, run away!

Iv heard of ฿800 for eyebrow tattoos in Udon, in fact it was being talked about last night. I presume it's normally more than that because the general thought was that it's more expensive.

I hope when the swelling and colouring settle down .... you are able to accept / live with the result.

if it's done by a real professional who attended a makeup school, it wont be cheap.

and they need to use proper equipment, sterelized, etc

but this is thailand! One day some people are massage therapist, next day they are tattoo experts or doctor....

the swelling will go down yes. and if it looks really bad, she can try to find a real professional who can correct her bad tattoo.