No more Double Entry tourist visas?

Farang teachers will not have problem staying in Thailand.

They just get "married", and head to Savannakhet.

Those who are over 50, will go to Pattaya to get a Non-O based on Retirement, with the "help" of a Visa Agent.

you know immigration is making home visits to surprise "married" couples and interrogate neighbors?

No they're not. Some offices are making home visits, by appointment or with prior warning, as part of the extension of stay application and no neighbours are interrogated. Neighbours are asked to confirm the foreigner lives at the address and sign a statement.

Those who are over 50, will go to Pattaya to get a Non-O based on Retirement, with the "help" of a Visa Agent.

you know immigration is making home visits to surprise "married" couples and interrogate neighbors?

No they're not. Some offices are making home visits, by appointment or with prior warning, as part of the extension of stay application and no neighbours are interrogated. Neighbours are asked to confirm the foreigner lives at the address and sign a statement.

ok then I do like you and get "married"

I think they don't do that, if you have a Multi-entry Non-O

So I would have to leave the country every 3 months just to be left in peace with immi?

Ironic and rather amusing though, Westerners getting into marriages of convienience to live in what some people say is a third world country...:o

So i suppose people shouldnt be criticising thai girls who marry farangs for the sole purpose of aquiring another passport and ditch the farang when they get it...

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

I think they don't do that, if you have a Multi-entry Non-O

So I would have to leave the country every 3 months just to be left in peace with immi?

Right now: yes.

But it can change anytime....

would it not be suspicious to chose a 3 months when you can get 1 year for the same docs?

Some only need a single entry "O" visa as they intend to apply for and qualify for an extension of stay. Nothing "suspicious" about that.

It is serial users of TV's who are suspicious .....................................

Edited by oncearugge

would it not be suspicious to chose a 3 months when you can get 1 year for the same docs?

Some only need a single entry "O" visa as they intend and qualify for an extension of stay. Nothing "suspicious" about that.

It is serial users of TV's who are suspicious .....................................

Yeah I know I am very suspicious, I am surprised you have not called call immigration on me yet.

I don't know what you mean by some, but quite a few of my friends with wife's have had visits recently.

Spread over the country.

Possibly pattaya has not been reached by this yet.

Ironic and rather amusing though, Westerners getting into marriages of convienience to live in what some people say is a third world country...:o

So i suppose people shouldnt be criticising thai girls who marry farangs for the sole purpose of aquiring another passport and ditch the farang when they get it...

not surprising at all if you refer to this article :

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/12/pf/americans-expat-citizenship-passports/

Why do they sell a visa giving multiple entries for 6 months, but insist on a return flight reservation within 60 days of the first entry. blink.png

i don't believe you 'll must have a return flight within 60 days... it would be a non sense. just a return flight within 6 months should be ok.

antway, a return "open" should also be ok.. and maybe better/careful if you would meet problems (of all sorts) during your stay and must flight back to your origin country in emergency..

Edited by silverado

Why do they sell a visa giving multiple entries for 6 months, but insist on a return flight reservation within 60 days of the first entry. blink.png

i don't believe you 'll must have a return flight within 60 days... it would be a non sense. just a return flight within 6 months should be ok.

antway, a return "open" should also be ok.. and maybe better/careful if you would meet problems (of all sorts) during your stay and must flight back to your origin country in emergency..

Definition of return is exit Thailand by air I assume.

Not necessarily to point of origin.

Definition of return is exit Thailand by air I assume.

Not necessarily to point of origin.

It says "Roundtrip" which would mean back to home country. If it said 'Onward' then you could fly out to any country.

I think we know by know that what consulates say and what actually happens are two different things.

How?

I have never seen a consulate not applying what they require.

If Singapore says only residents can apply, I will not go there to risk being rejected.

If Italy asks $6000, I would not apply without a bank account showing that amount.

I think that jspill is correct. For certain things what is written and what is required can be different. In this case I believe an onward ticket will be sufficient. Otherwise they can place this type of visa between the ones they never sell, which by the way could very well be what they wanted since the beginning, kill double and triple entry tourist visa, with nothing as a practical replacement.

It only remains to be seen what they will do in the US and UK, which historically has been easier than continental Europe.

Edited by paz

I think we know by know that what consulates say and what actually happens are two different things.

How?

I have never seen a consulate not applying what they require.

If Singapore says only residents can apply, I will not go there to risk being rejected.

If Italy asks $6000, I would not apply without a bank account showing that amount.

I think that jspill is correct. For certain things what is written and what is required can be different. In this case I believe an onward ticket will be sufficient. Otherwise they can place this type of visa between the ones they never sell, which by the way could very well be what they wanted since the beginning, kill double and triple entry tourist visa, with nothing as a practical replacement.

It only remains to be seen what they will do in the US and UK, which historically has been easier than continental Europe.

Really? They sometimes don't apply the requirements? For which things? When ? Where?

When you say "in that case", are you talking about the money or residency?

It is true that it seems alot to ask suddenly, but as you also said,could it not just be their plan to just kill 2&3 TR visa?

Yes we have to wait but mostly for Laos

visa-news-21-10-2015-779x1024.png

So 5000thb for the visa and then have to show a bank statement of at least 200.000thb for a mety. WOOOOW

I never make a hotel reservation, certainly not a confirmed one in advance. I have learned not to pay until I see the room. Have had too many issues over the years. as for the roundtrip ticket at least for first part, that is ambiguous wording. I could interpret that to mean if I have round trip for second or later parts/dates, that would be considered to include the first part. this thing is just bad. Few people book their travels so precisely. The fun of Thailand to me has always been the ease of travel and choice of where to stay. I am happy to sort things out when I get there. Except for some areas in the peak of high season, there is rarely a need for advance booking unless one has a particular place in mind. This METV doesn't seem very useful except in certain cases. For a 90 day tourist, it seems like a simple single entry tourist visa, where you could buy a re-entry permit for a jaunt out and back in and then finish the tourist visa would be good. This METV is going to make things a bit difficult for lots of people that do stay long time and that probably are not true tourists. So, if that is their goal, to make things complex and challenging for long stays, they probably are going to succeed.

• Like 1