Recommendations for Restaurants near Thong Lor

Robert24

I ate at a place called the gardens recently and really enjoyed it. It's just off Sukhumvit down a small soi between Thonglor and Ekamai, lovely setting, good food and reasonably priced too. I had the ribeye and missus had the lamb chops, both were excellent.

http://www.thegardenspalace.com/

Edited by Mark79

-Go down Soi 55 and on the corner of Subsoi 13 will b e a very excellent Thai restaurant.

Thai friends invited me there. Very good. Forgot the name. Parking in the back.

-Across the street and down a bit is the Singapore Chicken Rice place. Red pork and egg noodles are great here.

Very good menu and cheap.

-There is a well known Pad Thai place on 55, several doors down from Sukhumvit, tucked away on the left side.

Basic setting but top notch food.

-Go down Soi 55 and on the corner of Subsoi 13 will b e a very excellent Thai restaurant.

-Across the street and down a bit is the Singapore Chicken Rice place. Red pork and egg noodles are great here.

-There is a well known Pad Thai place on 55, several doors down from Sukhumvit, tucked away on the left side.

The Thai place you speak of was very well known but lately it has been demolished and a condo going up in its place....if its the large sprawling one that used to sit on the corner of Thonglor and 13.

Sad to see another good Thai place gone!

My thoughts differ, pretentious area, I've stayed there, over priced everything including getting a haircut, nothing special whats there you can get anywhere and pay much less without going to a street stall.

fair enough. But do you have any recommendations for a restaurant near Thong Lor?

My thoughts differ, pretentious area, I've stayed there, over priced everything including getting a haircut, nothing special whats there you can get anywhere and pay much less without going to a street stall.

There's a bar opposite Roast in Thonglor 13 with Issan food mains about 100-150 Baht and all you can drink beer for two hours at 300 Baht.

During the day by Soi 4 I think is a duck noodle stall which is fantastic.

fair enough. But do you have any recommendations for a restaurant near Thong Lor?

I do but there not near your looking at 30 to 45 min in a taxi due to traffic congestion, Google waterside resort I have been there twice and enjoyed myself.

The Thai place you speak of was very well known but lately it has been demolished and a condo going up in its place....if its the large sprawling one that used to sit on the corner of Thonglor and 13.

Sad to see another good Thai place gone!

It has reopened. If you go down Soi 13 until the end (Suk 49), then turn right at the junction continue straight on until you reach the crossroads at the side of Racquet Club. Turn left there and there is a Fuji Supermarket on the left hand side. They are located in a house on the right hand side of that road nearly directly opposite Fuji.

It is on Soi 49/11 Alley or Phrom Si 1 if you search google maps.

I do but there not near your looking at 30 to 45 min in a taxi due to traffic congestion, Google waterside resort I have been there twice and enjoyed myself.

The food there is nothing special and you have to go in a group to make fun. The karaoke bungalows are the best for that in that place.

At Nawamin are several better karaoke places. Last time we went to this one we had to wait 45 min to get a table, now we always book a bungalow in advance but not for the food, for the fun of karaoke.

In Thonglor i don't know solly, never go there because of their famous police.

It has reopened. If you go down Soi 13 until the end (Suk 49), then turn right at the junction continue straight on until you reach the crossroads at the side of Racquet Club. Turn left there and there is a Fuji Supermarket on the left hand side. They are located in a house on the right hand side of that road nearly directly opposite Fuji.

It is on Soi 49/11 Alley or Phrom Si 1 if you search google maps.

Y'all are thinking of Thon Krueng - the place on Soi Phrom Sri 1 is just their parking area, the restaurant is on 49.

Nice places around Thong Lo:

1) http://www.patarathailand.com/ Thai food - owned by S&P but their food is amazing (great wine list as well)

2) Bo Lan (on 51? or 53?) - super good Thai food and wine pairings

3) Soul Food (on 55) - High end Thai - people either love it for its quality or hate it for its price. (I love it)

4) Paste (on 49) - Thai fusion - small intimate place that I would rank as one of BKK's best

5) Smith's (on 49) - Used to frequent their Sunday brunch, and I've heard their dinner is really good too.

6) On Thonglor 13 (the side street from Thong Lor to Samitivej hospital) there a sushi place in on the ground level the Nihonmura Mall (just across from Tribeca - which also makes decent breakfasts) - that serves massive slabs of cheap salmon. Awesome value sushi place!

7) In the same Nihonmura complex is Umenohana - some of the best Japanese Kaiseki I've had outside of Kyoto (including other parts of Japan)

8) Game over Café (the one SoiSauce was referencing a couple posts ago) - good burgers.

9) is you're up for a walk the other way, just past Ekkamai is Mikellar which has amazing beer selection and good food as well (not just standard pub grub but scallops and coldcut plates and salads)

there's so many.... and I'm getting hungry now thinking about them.

Edited by DirtyDan