Atms

Crossy

Does our wonderful new airport have a 'reasonable' number of working ATMs in the arrivals area??

There are lots of SCB and TMB bank ATM machines as well as those bank's money changers throughout the arrival, departure, and other levels. No problems. If you want to use any other bank's ATM though, big problem. SCB and TMB have exclusive use of Suvarnabhumi and all other banks are excluded.

There are lots of SCB and TMB bank ATM machines as well as those bank's money changers throughout the arrival, departure, and other levels. No problems. If you want to use any other bank's ATM though, big problem. SCB and TMB have exclusive use of Suvarnabhumi and all other banks are excluded.

Cheers, I'm with Bangkok Bank, works ok with an SCB machine though :o

Cheers, I'm with Bangkok Bank, works ok with an SCB machine though :o

I'm also with Bangkok Bank, but have never even bothered to try another bank's ATM. Do they charge you an additional fee to use another bank's ATM. I know Bangkok Bank charges 10THB to use an ATM outside of Bangkok. Not a big deal for me to pay some fee to use another bank's ATM, but just never tried it because everyplace always had an abundance of Bangkok Bank ATMs. The one thing though that I think would be a problem would be depositing money. Is it possible to deposit money at another bank's ATM machine? I typically use the airport ATM to deposit, rather than withdraw. So for people like me I think it will be an inconvenience unless that is allowed. For instance, a number of tourists travel frequently to Thailand and may open an account in Thailand for convenience. At the end of their trip, they want to deposit all unused Baht into their account rather than take it with them. They can no longer do this unless another bank's ATM will allow for this feature.

Do these ATMs accept international cards, e.g. VISA?

YES, most do.

Look for the VISA (along with MC, Plus, etc etc) symbol on the machine :o

Edited by Crossy