Amphur parent legalization (for non-o) , a few questions

Hello

Due to changes of the TRx2 which is expected, and since i have a kid here and want to live here, i would like to change from tourist to non-o, it seems i need to be registered at the amphur as the father

Facts

- dont stay with ex/kids mother anymore - but we are very good friends and she is very helpfull

- i will bring, thai birth certificate with my name in thai

- copy of marriage certificate, translated, legalized on embassy and foreign affairs in bkk. (my name in Thai as well)

- signed passport copy

- child is almost 6 (im aware of the 7 year, but ex already talked to amphur, and seems like they accept this fact, lets see about that)

Now, what im worried about, is that i will just be registered and not properly registered as the father of the child. i read in some post that they can do 2 versions.. on is just writing the name of whoever claims to be childs parent, the other is a real registration.

Problem is my ex have a hard time of understand the difference between being on the birth certificate and still not being the legal father... i don't blame her, took me some time to understand as well smile.png

Questions:

So, how do i know if i get the correct registration? anything in particular i need to make sure of?

Anyone know what i need is called/written in Thai? Maybe that could help me, if i could explain it in Thai.

Any other tips for me, so i can be sure to get everything done correct?

When all of this is done correct, how would i even know if its done correct? Anything i need to look for?

I really hope someone here understand my concern and be able to help, it could/would save me a lot of trouble with court etc etc

Thanks in advance

If still married and the wife will co-operate in providing sighned copies of her ID card and house book a single entry "O" visa based on marriage will easily be obtained.

An extension of stay can then be applied for but your wife will need to accompany you to the immigration office and you will need either 400,000 bht in a Thai bank or 40,000 baht /month income certified by your Embassy of Thai tax certificates.

If married extensions of stay based on having a Thai child are not available.

If still married and the wife will co-operate in providing sighned copies of her ID card and house book a single entry "O" visa based on marriage will easily be obtained.

An extension of stay can then be applied for but your wife will need to accompany you to the immigration office and you will need either 400,000 bht in a Thai bank or 40,000 baht /month income certified by your Embassy of Thai tax certificates.

Married but not registered in Thailand. And about to be divorced.

Unless you can gain legitimise your child you have little or no hope of securing a long term stay in Thailand particularly if the child does not reside with you.

The issues surrounding custody of the child need resolving.

You should seek expert legal advice.

If you are married to your child's mother you are already the legal father of your child.

I suggest you try to get signed copies of your wife's house book and ID card and apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet. It will remain valid after you get divorced..

• Like 1

Unless you can gain legitimise your child you have little or no hope of securing a long term stay in Thailand particularly if the child does not reside with you.

The issues surrounding custody of the child need resolving.

But what if i suceed to legitimise my child. Is is then possible to secure long stay visa/extension, even if not residing with the child, but only have her in the weekends etc

If you are married to your child's mother you are already the legal father of your child.

I suggest you try to get signed copies of your wife's house book and ID card and apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet. It will remain valid after you get divorced..

But i can get a Multiple non-o even if the marriage is not registered in Thailand?

Such multiple entry non-o, isnt that a very short term soloution? What would that give me, like 2x90 days? If so, any known (current) restrictions on back to back?

It sound like a good soloution for now, but not very long term? Am i correct about this?

But i can get a Multiple non-o even if the marriage is not registered in Thailand?

Such multiple entry non-o, isnt that a very short term soloution? What would that give me, like 2x90 days? If so, any known (current) restrictions on back to back?

It sound like a good soloution for now, but not very long term? Am i correct about this?

An embassy or consulate will accept a foreign marriage certificate in English or a certified translation to Thai.

A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year and can give a total stay of almost 15 months by getting a new entry just before the visa expires.

There is no restriction on doing back to back entries if you have a valid visa.

There are people that have been getting multiple entry visas for years.

If you get custody of your child from the divorce you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need 400k baht in the bank or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1

Hi I could be in a similar situation as OP in the future. Would I be right in thinking that if I got 20+ copies of wifes house book and id card signed, I could then get multiple non-o's even if we divorced? Or will the consulates outside Thailand know we are divorced?

They would not know, and you would be making true your nickname doing a fraudulent application.

Well to be honest paz I was just curious as to wether that was a feasible option should we encounter problems in the future. I love my wife and daughter dearly and am very happy here.

Heaven forbids, if you ever have to divorce you can obtain the visa because your daughter is Thai. Can't divorce children :)

• Like 1

An embassy or consulate will accept a foreign marriage certificate in English or a certified translation to Thai.

A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year and can give a total stay of almost 15 months by getting a new entry just before the visa expires.

There is no restriction on doing back to back entries if you have a valid visa.

There are people that have been getting multiple entry visas for years.

If you get custody of your child from the divorce you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need 400k baht in the bank or proof of 40k baht income.

it all makes sense now.. i will go that route for this time

thank you oncearugge and UbonJoe