Rally against Thai Navy wife for hurting pregnant woman

Jonathan Fairfield

But did the pregnant woman offer to pay the damage caused by her son?

My experience is that parents in Thailand don't care what their kids are doing, even not when it's obvious somebody or something will get damaged by their wild behaviour. In Thai society it's not done to correct kids from being kids.

Of course nothing justifies kicking a pregnant woman.

Thailand or anywhere, parents when they are in public care about what their kids are doing. At least responsible parents do. If their kid bullies another kid and the parent sees it (most) parents will intervene.

It dosen't matter where it happens. Its a universal fact.

Have to disagree. Went to local restaurants with my son and niece when they were young, constantly questioned my wife about their behaviour. Apparently no problem but I was always slightly embarrassed.

Thanks for sharing. We just need someone else to say the same and we can all agree.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A kid repeatedly hitting (damaging) others property is down to Kids being kids in Thailand. That's settled then. Next.....

Suffice to say, if this was so, we would be experiencing a lot more of these incidents. I've visited Thailand on many occasions and never witnessed this kind of behaviour from kids. The school kids travelling on the BTS always give-up their seat for elderly passengers.

My experience is that parents in Thailand don't care what their kids are doing, even not when it's obvious somebody or something will get damaged by their wild behaviour. In Thai society it's not done to correct kids from being kids.

Thailand or anywhere, parents when they are in public care about what their kids are doing. At least responsible parents do. If their kid bullies another kid and the parent sees it (most) parents will intervene.

Have to disagree. Went to local restaurants with my son and niece when they were young, constantly questioned my wife about their behaviour. Apparently no problem but I was always slightly embarrassed.

I agree,

MANY parents (including westerners) dont care if their kid is a bully!

they see it as having a Strong Kid who will do well in life.

Many parents see it as a 'positive' and they will just tell the weak kid who is being bullied to 'toughen up' coz he will need to be tougher in life.

I had direct experience with this at my sons school. (my son was wide-eyed and innocent back then and a Thai-French kid (who was brought up by his Single French Mum) was a bully (and thief) to many classmates in school (especially my son). and the mum did absolutely nothing to resolve anything. She actually stood up behind her son and lied on his behalf.

now I hear more bad roumors about this particular French boy at his new school. So I guess he will grow up being this bully-cheating personality (and with full support of his foreign french mother).

Hmm, no mention of the fact that the pregnant woman was with another lady who after the initial argument slammed her car door into the car of the navy lady again.

Also doesn't mention that the woman who was on her own was knocked to the floor by the pregnant woman and/or her friend.

Funny that.

Read the eyewitness report in Thai, watch the video and then make comments like this when you know the facts. People who liked this comment should be ashamed of themselves.

The pregnant woman wash shoved to the floor by the navy woman. The pregnant woman then told her she shouldn't have done that because she's pregnant. Once the navy woman heard this, she proceed to kick her in the stomach which caused bleeding and a trip to the hospital for the pregnant woman. Try to condone that (trying to harm an unborn child) if you can.

The navy woman slipped over when attempting to kick the pregnant woman who was on the floor.

Thankfully this story has finally made the news (it's a few days old) as the navy woman's husband threatened everybody concerned that there would be trouble if the story got out.

Where did you hear the eye witness story? and the video from what i can gather doesn't show everything that happens is the camera is not trained on the exact spot where the incident happened.

If she did indeed kick the pregnant lady in the stomach and the witness testifies to that then she should go down for the maximum 2 year tariff they have for assault. I mean it is actually evil to do such a thing. How is it any different to kicking a baby on the ground? The admiral's wife better start sweating because i doubt this thing is wrapping up. Thai social media is getting super powerful now

Apologies for the typos in my original post. Also, having re-read the original account, I got one thing wrong - the pregnant woman was pushed and shoved, but not to the ground. The navy woman slipped over when attempting to kick the pregnant woman in the stomach when she was still standing (after she had been told she was pregnant).

I read the eyewitness account on the Pantip website which had copied a post from Facebook.

Hmm, no mention of the fact that the pregnant woman was with another lady who after the initial argument slammed her car door into the car of the navy lady again.

Also doesn't mention that the woman who was on her own was knocked to the floor by the pregnant woman and/or her friend.

Funny that.

Read the eyewitness report in Thai, watch the video and then make comments like this when you know the facts. People who liked this comment should be ashamed of themselves.

The pregnant woman wash shoved to the floor by the navy woman. The pregnant woman then told her she shouldn't have done that because she's pregnant. Once the navy woman heard this, she proceed to kick her in the stomach which caused bleeding and a trip to the hospital for the pregnant woman. Try to condone that (trying to harm an unborn child) if you can.

The navy woman slipped over when attempting to kick the pregnant woman who was on the floor.

Thankfully this story has finally made the news (it's a few days old) as the navy woman's husband threatened everybody concerned that there would be trouble if the story got out.

Where did you hear the eye witness story? and the video from what i can gather doesn't show everything that happens is the camera is not trained on the exact spot where the incident happened.

If she did indeed kick the pregnant lady in the stomach and the witness testifies to that then she should go down for the maximum 2 year tariff they have for assault. I mean it is actually evil to do such a thing. How is it any different to kicking a baby on the ground? The admiral's wife better start sweating because i doubt this thing is wrapping up. Thai social media is getting super powerful now

Apologies for the typos in my original post. Also, having re-read the original account, I got one thing wrong - the pregnant woman was pushed and shoved, but not to the ground. The navy woman slipped over when attempting to kick the pregnant woman in the stomach when she was still standing (after she had been told she was pregnant).

I read the eyewitness account on the Pantip website which had copied a post from Facebook.

Supprised Bluespunk hasn't come back, posts a lot. Witnessed Thai ladies having a minor disagreement and violence can occur. No excuse to hit a lady but seems to not apply to two ladies.

Hey

Army navy Police Gangster who cares

Kicking a pregnant woman are you <deleted> whacked in the brain..... You think your something above the law

If you did that to my wife... You get more than a protest you animal.. You are a insulty to your uniform

Hey

Army navy Police Gangster who cares

Kicking a pregnant woman are you <deleted> whacked in the brain..... You think your something above the law

If you did that to my wife... You get more than a protest you animal.. You are a insulty to your uniform

Nice rant but who is it directed at?

It shows us the quality of these high ranked individuals.... Where was the sincere appologises and compensation for the trauma of the incident ?

Never going to happen here !

A long time ago a hard man once told me.... A very hard man I may add

1 - If you want respect you must fiorst give it

It shows us the quality of these high ranked individuals.... Where was the sincere appologises and compensation for the trauma of the incident ?

Never going to happen here !

A long time ago a hard man once told me.... A very hard man I may add

1 - If you want respect you must fiorst give it

A long time ago a hard man once told me ... A very hard man I may add?

I agree,

Many parents see it as a 'positive' and they will just tell the weak kid who is being bullied to 'toughen up' coz he will need to be tougher in life.

I had direct experience with this at my sons school. (my son was wide-eyed and innocent back then and a Thai-French kid (who was brought up by his Single French Mum) was a bully (and thief) to many classmates in school (especially my son). and the mum did absolutely nothing to resolve anything. She actually stood up behind her son and lied on his behalf.

now I hear more bad roumors about this particular French boy at his new school. So I guess he will grow up being this bully-cheating personality (and with full support of his foreign french mother).

What will the school (teachers, and heads) say to the kid being bullied and the kid doing the bullying. That's the key, not what some arrogant, deceitful (lying) parent who covers for her son.

Surprised that the school would take her word and not go on the actions of the son.

Get together with the other parents and go straight to the school head.

I agree,

What will the school (teachers, and heads) say to the kid being bullied and the kid doing the bullying. That's the key, not what some arrogant, deceitful (lying) parent who covers for her son.

Surprised that the school would take her word and not go on the actions of the son.

Get together with the other parents and go straight to the school head.

its ok.

that situation has long since gone. (i was talking about something from 3 years ago).

each kid has moved-on to new highschools.. (though I have had feedback from the grapevine that this particular kid is still up to his bully tricks)

we did take it to the Head Teacher. (and the head teacher said that she had meetings with the French Mum and numerous phone calls (because of many complaints about this particular kid).

but, no avail. the mum did nothing to correct the childs behaviour.

its a shame the school didnt Suspend the boy for a bit. Probably the shcool was more interested in not losing a paying student, (rather than morally fixing the situation).

anyway.. its all gone now. and my son is now more toughened up about these things wink.png

Funny that.

Never is there an excuses for striking a pregnant women, NEVER.

If it happened I completely agree with you. Edited by Bluespunk

Funny that.

Please provide a source, without which, this is just blather.

Bangkok post couple of days back.

Funny that.

Hmm,

I do believe that the woman who was on her own hit the deck as a result of her attempts at kicking the pregnant lady.

Yes, we don't know all the facts, but the issue here is how the "upper class" lady can get special treatment from the police by having her husband dress up in his high ranking military uniform and accompany her to the police station.

Regardless of who was really in the wrong, one suspects that the wife of an Admiral is always going to come out in front of a couple of "lo-so's" in any dealings with the Thai law.

It's really the main reason this country has had such a difficult time of things for several years now - the masses want equality and the elites don't.

Funny that!

I'm not defending anyone involved in this incident or justifying anyone's actions. However it irritates me when the full story or at least the allegations of both sides involved in it are not reported.

A friend of mine works at Krungsri Bank. She told me everyone in her office is required to sign a form stating that they will not "Like" or forward the Youtube video of the incident. The admiral's wife is an official at Krungsri Bank.

My friend needs her job so she will probably sign the form, but she is looking for a new job.

Edited by heybruce

Funny that.

The version I read was in the Bangkok post. Not read the one you mention. Will do so though.

Funny that.

Hmm,

I do believe that the woman who was on her own hit the deck as a result of her attempts at kicking the pregnant lady.

Yes, we don't know all the facts, but the issue here is how the "upper class" lady can get special treatment from the police by having her husband dress up in his high ranking military uniform and accompany her to the police station.

Regardless of who was really in the wrong, one suspects that the wife of an Admiral is always going to come out in front of a couple of "lo-so's" in any dealings with the Thai law.

It's really the main reason this country has had such a difficult time of things for several years now - the masses want equality and the elites don't.

Funny that!

I'm not defending anyone involved in this incident or justifying anyone's actions. However it irritates me when the full story or at least the allegations of both sides involved in it are not reported.

Thanks for coming back. Nothing these days is quite what it seems. No idea what actually happened. Used to be a saying that the camera never lies. These days more often than not it does for financial gain. Social media? Wonderful.

Funny that.

Supprised Bluespunk hasn't come back, posts a lot. Witnessed Thai ladies having a minor disagreement and violence can occur. No excuse to hit a lady but seems to not apply to two ladies.

I've been working.

Funny that.

Never is there an excuses for striking a pregnant women, NEVER.

So if a pregnant woman was going to stab, shoot or harm your child, you wouldn't strike her or do whatever was needed to protect your child?

Funny that.

To be very clear: the other newspaper mentioned, that it was not 100% certain, if it happened or what exactly happened.

Both parties had their story to tell and CCTV- images were not clear (surprise!)

But given the accounts of both parties...why am I more willing to believe the pregnant woman?

...and why was the uniform of the Admiral so important to his wife, when he had to show up at the police- station?

Edited by DM07

Funny that.

To be very clear: the other newspaper mentioned, that it was not 100% certain, if it happened or what exactly happened.

Both parties had their story to tell and CCTV- images were not clear (surprise!)

But given the accounts of both parties...why am I more willing to believe the pregnant woman?

...and why was the uniform of the Admiral so important to his wife, when he had to show up at the police- station?

I have no idea who is telling the truth.

However a report on an incident as emotive as this one is obliged to present all versions of events.

Posts containing links and content from Bangkok Post have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.
Other posts containing inappropriate language have been removed as well.

I think, and quite rightly, every member of TV supports the pregnant woman. The wife of the naval man showed what a stupid nasty bitch she is.

Further to this I belive hitting or abusing any woman is wrong and any person man or woman doing either of the above are in my opinion trash

Immmm, sounds good until you have a crazy women with a knife trying to stab you, sometimes turning the other cheek does not work.

I have a friend here on TV who often has to lock himself in his bedroom to prevent his drunken abusive wife stabbing or attacking him with a bamboo stick.

He was brought up to never hit a woman, but in those circumstances i don't think i would be so tolerant.

Easy leave her walk away there is never ever justification for a male to hit a female. Walk away if she is assaulting you restrain her without hitting her then walk away simple and yes I've been in that situation more times than I ever wished to be and I can say with complete truth I never hit any of the women (or there kids which usually was involved as well). Edited by Sutty

From Katana's clip it is difficult to see how staged it is. The pregnant lady is only 4 months gone but is almost carried in and out of the building.

And I think the whole thing that can't be faked is that she genuinely appears like she is being forced to come to some arrangement with the woman who she genuinely seems to believe tried to seriously harm her and her unborn child. The hi so woman looks truly mortified by the fact that she even has to justify herself to the press.

I think it's sick, it makes me so mad. I suspect it will be a civil case and not a criminal one which is sad because the hi so by her actions and demeanour clearly has a case to answer, and in my humble opinion should spend some time inside, after all whether she meant to or not she could have seriously harmed a pregnant lady and unborn child. Very sad to see again. What is going to be the tipping point I wonder because this kind of thing is becoming less and less acceptable it seems. Thai social media users seemingly strive for a better Thailand, it is going to be difficult to hold that tide back forever I suspect