What online games have a good ping here in thailand ?

popje

Counter strike works fine as I get matched with thai people, hearthstone too but mostly because its a game that doesn't require much at all. World of Warcraft is unplayable (on my US east server), I tried quake live and unplayable as well, halo online is unplayable, I wonder what you guys play ? No MOBA's please. I was thinking of picking up rocket league, anyone have any idea how the ping is in this game here ?

Point blank or Heroes of Neuerth or fifa 2015 on the Thai site/server garena, you need to d/l the client & sign up, which is problematic as its in Thai, you need to get a native to help, I suggest taking a laptop to a Thai internet cafe, I'm sure you'd find someone to help you set up an acc... This is what all the Thais play on. As its internal to Thailand you should get good ping, Voice chat will be a no no though unless you speak Thai...

Point blank or Heroes of Neuerth or fifa 2015 on the Thai site/server garena, you need to d/l the client & sign up, which is problematic as its in Thai, you need to get a native to help, I suggest taking a laptop to a Thai internet cafe, I'm sure you'd find someone to help you set up an acc... This is what all the Thais play on. As its internal to Thailand you should get good ping, Voice chat will be a no no though unless you speak Thai...

Thanks yeah I don't need to play a thai exclusive game, as long as I play people in asia (south east preferably) it shouldn't lag, I am not a big fan of fifa, I don't like mobas and point blank look like a exact copy of counter strike. As for making a thai account I am pretty sure I can figure out how with a translator, I already have a thai garena account, was planning to maybe play league of legends but na I just can't play that game.

"I tried quake live and unplayable as well"

That really disappoints me. I haven't played Quake Live in about 1.5 years but still have a fond place for it in my heart. Was thinking I'd try to play it when I move there but if the ping is too bad it might be impossible. However, I've heard Reflex (if you haven't heard of it, look it up - great Arena FPS game) has a few players, and I think you can host your own servers so there could be one set up in Thailand potentially.

Thailand's international gateways are terrible and often have major latency issues. It's hard to get a good connection outside of Thailand. For obvious reasons games with local servers fare best. Fifa is quite popular, games like Call of Duty that have a global presence tend to get some play as well.

Sadly, free to play games also do very, very well around here.

• 4 weeks later...

I play EVE Online, and as that is not a twitch based game, the high latency from Thailand doesn't really make a lot of difference.

If anybody wants to give it a try, drop me a PM and I'll send you a buddy invite for a 30 day trial.

I can give you a hand in-game to get started, as it's a pretty steep learning curve.

I play EVE Online, and as that is not a twitch based game, the high latency from Thailand doesn't really make a lot of difference.

If anybody wants to give it a try, drop me a PM and I'll send you a buddy invite for a 30 day trial.

I can give you a hand in-game to get started, as it's a pretty steep learning curve.

I have been playing EVE for years too no problem in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived