Will question. I tried looking up the answer on previous threads to no avail.

elgordo38

Be careful elgordo38 that your present girlfriend doesn`t start doing her sums and works out that you`re worth more to her dead than alive.

In all seriousness, you should make a third party the executor of your will, not a beneficiary, with clauses not to be paid out if cause of death has suspicious circumstances. Serious, I am absolutely not joking, especially if there a big age gap between you.

Yes, she can be the executor but as others have said cannot be a witness to the will

A holographic will (which is what the OP is writing about) does not involve any witness.

You kind of threw a curve at me with the word holographic. Can you explain what you are referencing to using this term. It is just a handwritten will with 2 witnesses.

Thanks

Be careful elgordo38 that your present girlfriend doesn`t start doing her sums and works out that you`re worth more to her dead than alive.

In all seriousness, you should make a third party the executor of your will, not a beneficiary, with clauses not to be paid out if cause of death has suspicious circumstances. Serious, I am absolutely not joking, especially if there a big age gap between you.

Thanks for your concern it is really appreciated. Yes there is a big gap. We have been together 4 years now and I trust her which is more than I can say for the 2 previous ones. Sometimes to get to something good one must endure a rotten period it is all part and parcel of travelling the road of life. I have 2 kids back home who have no concept of looking after an elder person even one that they are related to but they still have their hand out amazing the difference in cultures. If it ever got to the point where I was looking a catastrophic illness in the face I would not even mind if she got greedy which I doubt she would. In her case it was all in the raising and she was raised well by a poor family. I can see it in her siblings as well.

Yes, she can be the executor but as others have said cannot be a witness to the will

A holographic will (which is what the OP is writing about) does not involve any witness.

You kind of threw a curve at me with the word holographic. Can you explain what you are referencing to using this term. It is just a handwritten will with 2 witnesses.

Thanks

There are three standard forms of will in Thailand. One of these is handwritten and signed by the person making the will. No witnesses.

For further details about this form and the other forms see, for example http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-thailand-wills

Thanks for your concern it is really appreciated. Yes there is a big gap. We have been together 4 years now and I trust her which is more than I can say for the 2 previous ones. Sometimes to get to something good one must endure a rotten period it is all part and parcel of travelling the road of life. I have 2 kids back home who have no concept of looking after an elder person even one that they are related to but they still have their hand out amazing the difference in cultures. If it ever got to the point where I was looking a catastrophic illness in the face I would not even mind if she got greedy which I doubt she would. In her case it was all in the raising and she was raised well by a poor family. I can see it in her siblings as well.

Most of us are in similar situations. When it comes to money I trust no one. In my family each time a relative dies, the vultures are already hovering overhead before the body is even cold.

To change a morbid subject, hope you enjoy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y6jl67-BUs

Edited by cyberfarang