Tinned Insects

croftrobin

As a kid way back in the 70s here in the states, I remember some kid bringing into school some cans of chocolate covered Ants, and fried grasshoppers or crickets. Yeah we all showed how manly we were and ate some as the girls screamed. Decades later I find myself in Thailand walking by bug carts.

per GK1000200, years ago while in college in the USA I had urge to try many different things. While in a large store favored by trendy hippie types looking for foreign (mostly Asian) furniture, blouses, etc I noted a specilty food section. Sure enough, had tins of grasshoppers, ants, larvae, etc. So probably still around in similar stores in USA.

As a kid way back in the 70s here in the states, I remember some kid bringing into school some cans of chocolate covered Ants, and fried grasshoppers or crickets. Yeah we all showed how manly we were and ate some as the girls screamed. Decades later I find myself in Thailand walking by bug carts.

same....my wife had in the fridge some insects that look like huge cockroaches someone gave here to fry. She insists that it is some different insect.....bah.gif

But well for her it is shocking that I would eat a rabbit or horse.