Man accused of rape at wife’s child care centre

geovalin

Police in Kratie are hunting the husband of the director of a child care centre, who allegedly repeatedly raped three young girls staying at the centre in his wife’s absence.

According to Huort Lemheang, head of Kratie provincial police’s serious crime office, Nhor Thy, 37, of Chhlong district, abused the girls, aged between 10 and 12, in early September.

The attacks, said Lemheang, took place at a centre connected to the Church of the Promise of the Fourth Gospel in Chhlong district, which cares for 12 poor children from the province, including five girls, and is run by Thy’s wife Nev Saihuor.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/man-accused-rape-wifes-child-care-centre

Opportunist...under normal circumstances with other adults in attendance...the man would have contained his latent jaded sexual behavior...

Given the opportunity to be alone with...in his minds eye...young little girl candy...he could not resist taken advantage of the girls...

No one should leave young children in the care of just one adult male...this is a recipe for wrong doing...and a potential terrible life changing experience for the children...

Crimes like this leave me speechless and disheartened, the enormity of what has been done to these children can never be underestimated.

I would like to think that they can all deal with this abuse and move on to enjoy a "normal" life with partners and children of their own.

Unfortunately I believe the vast majority of abused children carry scars and "issues" for the rest of their lives.

Something that should be considered by the courts when they are handing out sentences to rightfully convicted criminals, this is not a crime like assault, it is more akin to murder and should be treated as such.

But, and this is indeed a huge but, the previous contribution of "No one should leave young children in the care of just one adult male...this is a recipe for wrong doing...and a potential terrible life changing experience for the children" while understandable is a gross over reaction to this issue. I know there will be countless males who will cherish, protect and nurture youngsters like those involved here.

Let's not paint an entire gender with the tainted brush used on this sick individual, I know there are too many like him but let's not get carried away in our protection of the most vulnerable of society...