Price of salamis in Thailand

ezzra

Why is it that a simple Salami like the Pepperoni for example cost a B. 1,000+ for locally made one?

I'm quite familiar what goes into making such salamis being pork and pork fat, cheap spices casing and

preservatives, they buy the pork an no more that 100 baht wholesale, but still, smoked pork goods sells

for B.600+ again for locally made goods, I'd love to be able to make simple salamis and smoked goods

at home if anybody knows an easy way to make them at home here in BKK....

I agree with you. The Price of these goods is way over the top.

However, we may all have to stop eating all of this stuff.

There are reports the WHO (World Health Organisation) will on Monday, release a new report claiming that consumption of Salami etc., along with Red Meats, Beef and Pork as well as Processed/Smoked Meats causes a huge increase in the risk of contracting many and varied CANCERS.

I for one, will be attempting to keep my wife away from ALL News reports and Newspapers etc., because I just know she will want to institute a TOTAL Ban on these products in our house and at any restaurant we may go to.

I agree with you. The Price of these goods is way over the top.

However, we may all have to stop eating all of this stuff.

There are reports the WHO (World Health Organisation) will on Monday, release a new report claiming that consumption of Salami etc., along with Red Meats, Beef and Pork as well as Processed/Smoked Meats causes a huge increase in the risk of contracting many and varied CANCERS.

I for one, will be attempting to keep my wife away from ALL News reports and Newspapers etc., because I just know she will want to institute a TOTAL Ban on these products in our house and at any restaurant we may go to.

Yes that is all well to the health conscious... but there always be people that will smoke, drink and partake in

other consumptions of stuff that is bad for your health,, human nature and ignorance come to play here...