How is traffic now in Pattaya - Saturday afternoon the 24th?

jmccarty

It has been a mess since Friday mid-day, trying to decide if I should take some vising friends to Pratamnak from East Pattaya. Last night was a lot more sitting in the car than in the place we went to visit.

Anyone?

Got off the Bangkok bus around 2:45 this afternoon and got on my motorcycle to head to the Darkside from North Road. Southbound Sukhumvit was virtually blocked, even for motos, through to Klang. But I turned onto Soi Siam. Seems to me it was like this last weekend too. But I was informed this was a bit of a holiday weekend, unbeknownst to me. Chulalongkorn Day, which means at least a government holiday.

Its "just another long weekend" for the "government"/bankers etc.

Not the most popular one.

Where will this end?

From bad experience I have these long weekends/holidays marked in deep red on the wall calendar.

12h "drive" for 560 km to Pattaya two years ago on the July long holiday (Asaha Bucha / Khao Pansa).

Once and never again.

Thursday 26th November, Loy Krathong: not an official holiday, but from experience another mess. Helter skelter on Jomtien beach.

Saturday Dec 5 (Kings birthday) to Monday Dec 7 (substitute) will be another mess.

No need to point out New Year wink.png

Thanks all. I decided to stay on the dark side and had a pleasant dinner at Casa Deon by the lake. Food and drink were good but a nasty head cold that I thought I had seen the end of - reared its head by morning again and had no choice but to drive in to North Pattaya to BHP. Traffic, was fine! But glad I skipped Saturday night in town.

Archived