Virtual USA Debit/ Credit Card iTunes USA

I am a non USA resident, I used to have USA credit cards and bank account but unfortunately closed them, stupid me!!

I need to top up my USA iTunes account and can not do with non USA credit card or non USA debit card or a non USA paypal

I am looking for someone who uses a prepaid virtual card to top up iTunes, can be done by purchasing gift voucher and using to top up account

At present I send from my UK Paypal account US dollars to a friend and they buy on their USA pay pal account, and send me gift iTunes number, works ok but would rather if possible be independent

Any help to identify virtual card that works for iTunes greatly appreciated

Have you tried Kasikorn's K-Web vertual Visa credit card. If you have a Kasikorn savings account, your can set this up which is basically a Visa credit card on the front end but a debit card (linked to your Kasikorn account) on the back end. I have been able to use this when doing myriad online transactions from airline and hotel reservations to online website supscriptions with Thai and non-Thai merchants and portals.

Is your iTunes account still registered using a USA address and (old) credit card number? Check using the "store" tab and "view account."

Maybe if you change your address to Thailand and clear old credit card numbers it would accept a non-USA payment.

Is your iTunes account still registered using a USA address and (old) credit card number? Check using the "store" tab and "view account."

Maybe if you change your address to Thailand and clear old credit card numbers it would accept a non-USA payment.

But then (IMO) he also has to change his store to the Thai one with different content

You could be right, but I thought you could change your region later ... or maybe I'm thinking about Amazon Kindle downloads. I recall fiddling with one or the other. I use a US billing address and cc for both, but thought they were changeable. It seems they both should be international-friendly, but I could be wrong.

If the O/P is American and in Thailand for the long haul, the next time he visits the US he should see if he can open a US bank account and get a credit card or two. Would have to use a US address for them, possibly a friend's or relative's, but both come in handy from time to time. "Don't leave home without them."

Archived