Chiang Mai-Lampang highway: 6 killed when a pickup truck plunged into a roadside ditch

webfact

Six killed when a pickup truck plunged into a roadside ditch

281-wpcf_728x409.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- The driver of a pickup truck and five passengers were drowned or killed when the speeding vehicle skidded out of Chiang Mai-Lampang highway and ploughed into a roadside ditch early Monday morning.

Muangji police said that the pickup truck turned upside down as it plunged into the ditch which is about two metres deep and filled with water. All were trapped inside and either drowned or died from the force of the violent impact.

All the victims are natives of Pa Sang district of Lamphun. They were identified as Natthapong Wongnetpa,24; Chakkrit Niamtha,24; Chesada Puangsingh,23; Thirapat Kanthiya,23; Natthapong Wisapa,22; and the driver, Sa-nguan Puangsingh,33.

The accident took place about 300 metres from Doi Dee traffic light on the Chiang Mai-Lampang highway.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/six-killed-when-a-pickup-truck-plunged-into-a-roadside-ditch

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-26

RIP....

Doesn't state the time clearly - maybe partying - maybe not....Alot of future lost - young souls.....

And probably totally sober coming home from a wat.The families don't need the conjecture of a self righteous farang during their grief.

Edited by Saan

Boy o Boy..... Number 2 ranking in highway deaths and with the number of multiple fatality accidents that have happened within the last week of so, it does look like the wacko are trying hard to be number 1....... Taking the princess' talk to the wrong direction.

I think the bus crash in France gave Thailand a wake up call, & made them realize that number 2 spot wasn't set in stone (or concrete) sad.png

RIP....

Doesn't state the time clearly - maybe partying - maybe not....Alot of future lost - young souls.....

And probably totally sober coming home from a wat.The families don't need the conjecture of a self righteous farang during their grief.

Its no leap of the imagination that many of the roadway fatalities include alcohol as a contributing factor...and the previous poster did not make that assumption.

RIP....

Where does the report state they were coming home from a wat? btw lot's of temple festivities include lots of alcohol consumption by locals. And, pgrahmm said maybe, maybe not.

AND, I doubt the families will be reading this forum....

The key word here being, "speeding vehicle". RIP to the passengers. The driver: "Idiot"

But not a thing new here. 85% of Thais once behind the wheel are a danger to themselves and everyone else on the road. Cultural insanity. I'll never understand it.

Easy to jump to conclusions. Define speeding. Could be a dog was spooked and ran out into the road. Happened to me and I was on a highway and traveling fast. Lucky I missed it.

Never swerve to avoid a dog. Get that set in your mind before you get in your truck. That way you don't even think about the dog. Same for chickens & ducks.

Easy to jump to conclusions. Define speeding. Could be a dog was spooked and ran out into the road. Happened to me and I was on a highway and traveling fast. Lucky I missed it.

Never swerve to avoid a dog. Get that set in your mind before you get in your truck. That way you don't even think about the dog. Same for chickens & ducks.

I hate so say it but you are totally right, I travel alot on Thai highways, about 700.000 km already and you need to keep going to avoid a collision with other cars behind you, hence I have killed a few in my times here, quite sad of course but never had a single accident.

You are right here, good advice never to brake suddenly or swerve, always keep going to prevent from being hit in the back or on the side by other cars.

I travel a lot over the highways here, and did have to kill a few which is very sad, but unavoidable.

hey guys, coming to CM soon and looking for a cheap place....know any???

THIS is a typical post of people who read such horrible news, don't process the dangers, and still enter the world of danger.....

i hope farang wake up and find safer alternatives.......

oh right, it's safe until it happens to you....

hey guys, coming to CM soon and looking for a cheap place....know any???

THIS is a typical post of people who read such horrible news, don't process the dangers, and still enter the world of danger.....

i hope farang wake up and find safer alternatives.......

oh right, it's safe until it happens to you....

Yeah, cheap place...... only pay for the first night, rest and rest free..... Chiang Mai-Lampun Rd, right across from the PEA Offices....... very quiet....... called Foreign Cemetery.