Phuket water supply safe for the high season, but Gov orders better water conservation

webfact

Phuket water supply safe for the high season, but Gov orders better water conservation
The Phuket News

1446018936_1-org.jpg
Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada order officials to ramp up water-conservation measures island-wide. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: -- The island’s water reserves have been replenished enough to supply residents and tourists during the tourism high season from November 1 through February, and ensuing lack of rains coming “cool” and “hot” seasons, Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada has announced.

Regardless, Gov Chamroen yesterday (Oct 27) ordered the Phuket Water Supply Management Committee – which includes Vice Governor Dr Prajiad Aksornthammakul, Phuket City Mayor Somjai Suwansupapana, Kathu Mayor Chai-anan Suthikul, Phuket District Chiefs, among many others – to take steps to prevent any unforeseen water shortages in the future.

Gov Chamroen pointed out that Phuket’s two main reservoirs, Bang Wad in Kathu and Bang Niew Dum in Thalang, could hold 10 million cubic metres of water and 7.2 million cubic metres of water, respectively.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-water-supply-safe-for-the-high-season-but-gov-orders-better-water-conservation-54720.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-28

damn life seems hard in tourist spot

It's good to live in the Thai city. Everytime i read about power outtage, i have electricity. Everytime i read about flooding, my streets are dry and everytime i hear about water outtage i have plenty of clean water.