Paypal

JGV

Hi guys

need to find a bank that

a) Knows about Paypal

and B) Can help me open account for payments and money received through Internet business with Paypal

here in Sattahip the staff at banks on hearing the word Paypal look mystified and can't assist

A branch address would be very helpful

Thanks

JGV

How to open a Thai Paypal account

Go to bank or create online?

No bank will assist in opening a paypal-account for you, you have to do this yourself online.

Go to paypal.com and follow all possible steps.

You can link credit-cards as well as bank-accounts.

I just linked my Thai PayPal account to my existing Bangkok Bank savings account and Be1st ATM card, no need to mention the P**P** word to the bank smile.png

I can pay out and in with no issue.

you can pay in? I thought that wasnt possible from a Thai bank account?

You can send funds from your Thai PayPal account which is automatically taken out of your linked Thai Bank account. The only way to pay in to a Thai PayPal account that I know of is from sources outside of Thailand. It's not like my PayPal account in the states where I can add money from my bank to the PayPal account. Something about Thai banking laws I've been told.

As others have said:

Why should your bank (any bank) be interested in helping you about paypal account opening? This will take transaction business away from them and they will loose fees...

and... what is the problem going to the paypal website and open your account yourself and link your bank account / bank cards to your new account? Why do you need the bank for that?

It is the linking to a bank account that I want to know about

I have bank accounts in Thailand - clarity can I link to those?

Money coming into account -is that OK?

Most important for payments out of PayPal account how can I put funds in?

THai bank debit Yes or No?

If no can I tell PayPal account number of English bank account number and transfer money out of that acccount without telling the English bank

I do not want to have to travel to UK to do that

Thankyou

JGV

When you have created the paypal account, which you must do personally online at paypal.com.

When you are logged in, you go to Profile and Link or Edit Bank Account.

16f5c2.png
Then you get this screen. Click on ADD
214c3d.png
Then you go through the steps. The address you use must be the same as you use for your BANK ACCOUNT.
35266f.png
What will happen then is that they will send you a few setang, twice, to your bank account, which you then log in and click VERIFY bank account. You add these two numbers into the boxes provided, and that it is. All linked up and ready to go.
The easiest way though is to link a credit card. I know that the standard Bangkok Bank ATM card with VISA on it can be used for this as well, but not SCB. Check with which ever bank you use. To lin the bak card, the process is similar,
cc12cb1e.png
Clicking on Link or Edit Credit Card, and you come to the following page.
cc2.png
You click Add Card, (or Add another card if you already have some as I do) and fill in the details. They will then take a few seneng from you to check that your card is real. It confirms itself this way.
And that is you all done. If you bank with Bangkok Bank, you can use their ATM card for this as well so its a very quick way to link the actual bank account.
Hope this helps.

You should be able to link most Thai Banks to your Thai PayPal account.

You can send money to your Thai PayPal account with a non-Thai PayPal account.

You can send money from your Thai PayPal account and that money is automatically debited against your linked Thai bank account.

You cannot load funds into your Thai PayPal account with your Thai bank account.

You can load funds into your Thai PayPal account from a non-Thai PayPal account and those funds can be sent to your Thai bank account.

The key is imho is to have two PayPal accounts, one Thai, and one non-Thai. I had to be in Thailand to create a Thai PayPal account.

Edited by Roger Lee