Changing Jobs - Do I Need To Leave The Country?

I seem to have chosen a strange time to change jobs.

My employer will take care of all the necessary documentation, but can anyone tell me if I will need to leave the country and get another non-immigrant B visa. If so where will I have to go?

I'm NOT self employed and am fully legally visa'd up and premitted up for my present job. There is a 2 day gap between jobs.

You have 15 days.

Your previous employer needs to notify your resignation and your new employer needs to apply for your new position.

Ok, here we go!

If your new employer is qualified to apply for your long term visa i.e. two million baht (registered capital supposing that they are a company), four Thai employee per one work permit, etc., so, you don't need to go out and get new non-immigrant visa.

• 1 month later...
You have 15 days.

Your previous employer needs to notify your resignation and your new employer needs to apply for your new position.

Ok, here we go!

If your new employer is qualified to apply for your long term visa i.e. two million baht (registered capital supposing that they are a company), four Thai employee per one work permit, etc., so, you don't need to go out and get new non-immigrant visa.

In the old days before Oct 1st, this was the correct answer that you did not need to go out and get another visa based on business.

However now the extension of stay requires a work permit for the second job and you only have a window of 7 days to get the work permit, its too short of a time period to get it. (When you turn in your work permit, you have 7 days to leave the country)

One way around this, if you are married to a Thai national or have a Thai child is to apply under 7.23 of the National Police Office Order No. 606/2006 to visit them for 60 days. No income is required. You then do not need to leave the country as you change the visa inside the country.

I have a similar case here, I have non B visa and Work Permit but I am looking for a new job. Does the new company have to fill in all those papers again?

Yes

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com