Teaching agent

Nope. They got someone who speaks English?

In Chiang Rai, there is an agent who is very timid. She uses Skype and then the odd "how are you?" might pop up. Seems she is afraid of foreigners and doesn't dare speak English?

Lots of people becoming agents. Saw a retired ex colleague - she found a foreign teacher from Scandinavia and took him to my school... There seems to be money in this even for small operators with just a few teachers...

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. They got someone who speaks English?

In Chiang Rai, there is an agent who is very timid. She uses Skype and then the odd "how are you?" might pop up. Seems she is afraid of foreigners and doesn't dare speak English?

Lots of people becoming agents. Saw a retired ex colleague - she found a foreign teacher from Scandinavia and took him to my school... There seems to be money in this even for small operators with just a few teachers...

Wonnabe, are you really trying to say that Scandinavians are not as good as Germans who're teaching English? You are German, right?

Your post sounds very racist and odd. First the discrimination of the Thai "agent", then the Scandinavian who was taken to "your school."

Dude, you just had two threads where you complained about the unfair admins at both schools who're trying to avoid paying your last salary AFTER you took off?

But when you read this post, I already know your reaction. Continue blaming others for your own misery and nothing will change.

Why don't you start to be a real biker and not just acting like you would like to be a biker?

You're not getting any younger, mate/dude/Kumpel/// I know that you're an old member of this forum, but I thnk you've a sort of lost your way.

I might have an old man's heart and a baby's brain, but I do remember quite a few newer, very hard to understand posts coming out of your keyboard. .

Your posts have changed in a way that it's not funny anymore to read any of them. What happened to you, is it a sort of a midlife crisis?

Please feel free to drop me a private message, you never walk alone.

Hey, wake up. There's only one world we're all living in. Auf Wienerschnitzel. -thumbsup.gif

... There seems to be money in this even for small operators with just a few teachers...

10-15,000.Baht per teacher placed, per school month, less of course any money kicked back to the Director, if any? and of course, the English Department Head's demands financially. Don't forget, agents are paid per scheduled teaching hour, not monthly or by the term. Sure, they fudge on the reports to the M. of Education, but who really cares? With the new flood of Filipino's due here in January with the lower VISA and Work Permit restrictions, one can only imagine the horror show about to roll out in schools around Thailand.

... There seems to be money in this even for small operators with just a few teachers...

10-15,000.Baht per teacher placed, per school month, less of course any money kicked back to the Director, if any? and of course, the English Department Head's demands financially. Don't forget, agents are paid per scheduled teaching hour, not monthly or by the term. Sure, they fudge on the reports to the M. of Education, but who really cares? With the new flood of Filipino's due here in January with the lower VISA and Work Permit restrictions, one can only imagine the horror show about to roll out in schools around Thailand.

And what is your 'reliable' source for this information?

Agents are constantly undercutting each other. Most actually receive a very small amount per month per teacher. Far less than the figures you have quoted as fact. Some receive per teaching hour but most receive a monthly fixed fee.

The unregistered, unlicensed agent working from home who spams FB with ads compete on price. Schools are constantly being approached by agents. Few schools pay agents more than a few thousand per head per month. They don't need to.

Unless the agents is highly unscrupulous, the fee is paid to agents by the school independently of the teacher's salary.

Edited by Loaded