WHO DONE THE VISA 5 YEARS WITH THAILAND ELITE ?

Like any visa - it can be transferred into a new passport.

Immigration could change the laws at any time which means they could cancel the Visa.

As ukrules mentioned - Thai Elite was threatened with closure a few years ago. During that period (a few months) no new visa's were issued, existing visas were honoured.

The service is good - there are threads running which members have commented on their levels of satisfaction which basically boils down to how much they value their time and how they value avoiding the hassles associated with application and renewal of other long term visas.

Airport transfer is very handy.

The free (included) yearly medical is useful - it encourages me to take a medical yearly !

The Golf & Massage are just 'dressing' but handy if you play golf and have friends to play with who are also members or don't mind paying for some of the more expensive courses.

Wrong!

Valid Visas are never transferred !

A valid visa remains valid even within an expired passport. It is necessary to present both old and new passports to immigration if travelling.

Absolute rubbish!!!! New passport last week and had to transfer my existing valid visa to my new passport.

The last statement is correct! I have USA Passport before it expired I went to Consulant here in Chiang Mai applied for new, as them for letter to requesting Courtesy Help at Thai Immigration to transfer existing Visa to new Passport, which I was given (I am on my 3rd Passport). When New Passport arrived I took it and letter to Thai Immigration... With a smile they happily complied. Other then getting queue number and waiting till called was very quick and painless!

Edited by davidstipek

Immigration could change the laws at any time which means they could cancel the Visa.

As ukrules mentioned - Thai Elite was threatened with closure a few years ago. During that period (a few months) no new visa's were issued, existing visas were honoured.

The service is good - there are threads running which members have commented on their levels of satisfaction which basically boils down to how much they value their time and how they value avoiding the hassles associated with application and renewal of other long term visas.

The free (included) yearly medical is useful - it encourages me to take a medical yearly !

The Golf & Massage are just 'dressing' but handy if you play golf and have friends to play with who are also members or don't mind paying for some of the more expensive courses.

Wrong!

A valid visa remains valid even within an expired passport. It is necessary to present both old and new passports to immigration if travelling.

Absolute rubbish!!!! New passport last week and had to transfer my existing valid visa to my new passport.

The last statement is correct! I have USA Passport before it expired I went to Consulant here in Chiang Mai applied for new, as them for letter to requesting Courtesy Help at Thai Immigration to transfer existing Visa to new Passport, which I was given (I am on my 3rd Passport). When New Passport arrived I took it and letter to Thai Immigration... With a smile they happily complied. Other then getting queue number and waiting till called was very quick and painless!

I am certain if you look at your new passport you find that the only thing moved was your last extension of stay stamp and possibly your last entry stamp. There is also a stamp with info abut the visa that allowed the entry you have been extending and below it the entry stamp from that entry.

Wrong!

Would you please scan and post a picture of this Valid Transferred Visa ?

Thanks.

Wrong!

I am certain if you look at your new passport you find that the only thing moved was your last extension of stay stamp and possibly your last entry stamp. There is also a stamp with info abut the visa that allowed the entry you have been extending and below it the entry stamp from that entry.

Just a quick question here. I don't it's gonna be a problem but advice from expert would be helpful.

I have a non o 1 year visa multiple entry which i got in November 2014. In March 2015, as my passport was full, i got a new passport. I am then carrying 2 passports while travelling.

Now the 2nd passport is full also! So i already applied for a new passport in my embassy in Bangkok. I will get this new passport on the 12 Nov and will then exit Thailand to apply for a new non o abroad. Which mean that when i will pass the immigration with 3 passports. Will it be a problem?

Wrong!

Just a quick question here. I don't it's gonna be a problem but advice from expert would be helpful.

I have a non o 1 year visa multiple entry which i got in November 2014. In March 2015, as my passport was full, i got a new passport. I am then carrying 2 passports while travelling.

Now the 2nd passport is full also! So i already applied for a new passport in my embassy in Bangkok. I will get this new passport on the 12 Nov and will then exit Thailand to apply for a new non o abroad. Which mean that when i will pass the immigration with 3 passports. Will it be a problem?

The three passports will not be a problem.

Wrong!

The three passports will not be a problem.

Thanks for quick feedback. I was thinking so but good to have another opinion. Thanks

To those USA people that might have an expiring passport and then get a new one. When I recently got my new passport here in the USA, it turns out they do NOT automatically return your old passport! I was about to leave when the topic came up. I had to write a simple one paragraph letter that went in with the new passport application saying I wanted the old passport returned. I put down something like for travel record purposes, etc. If I had not done that I would not have gotten my old passport back.

To those USA people that might have an expiring passport and then get a new one. When I recently got my new passport here in the USA, it turns out they do NOT automatically return your old passport! I was about to leave when the topic came up. I had to write a simple one paragraph letter that went in with the new passport application saying I wanted the old passport returned. I put down something like for travel record purposes, etc. If I had not done that I would not have gotten my old passport back.

I don't know where you heard or read that. They always return you old passport.

From: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/FAQs.html

"I'm renewing my passport. Do I get the old one back?

Yes, we will return the old, cancelled passport to you. It may be sent separately from your new passport. It is a good idea to keep your old passport in a safe place as it is considered proof of your U.S. citizenship."