Mentally unstable man attacks Phuket ATM

Jonathan Fairfield

Mentally unstable man attacks Phuket ATM

post-137452-0-43553000-1446247048_thumb.

PHUKET: Police arrested an allegedly mentally ill man who attacked an ATM machine in Phuket Town with a metal bar yesterday morning.

The man, who police declined to name due to his condition, fled the scene without attempting to take any money from the Krungsri Bank ATM.

“A police car on patrol in the area quickly responded to the incident,” said Maj Rachan Panwai of the Phuket City Police. “They were able to catch him about one kilometer from the crime scene.”

Police were unable to communicate with or question the man, who was talking to himself out loud. Officers were also unable to confirm his name, as the suspect had no identification on him.

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-10-31

I went to use a atm in CM in front of the atm's main bank and not a single number could be seen on the keyboard ,

as it had been used so much the keys were woren bare of any numbers.

\

With the charges being charged customers you would think a replacement keyboard would not break the bank.

I'd like to think I'm mentally stable, well after a fashion, and am sure that, like so many others, have over the years harboured a great desire to do things like this to many, many ATMS.

A lot of people "harbouring great desires" to which the ATMs seem insensitive.

Two months ago, an unruly kratom user was arrested after he smashed the screen of an ATM on his way home from Phuket Town. The man had become enraged when he withdrew cash and received one 1,000-baht note instead of two 500-baht notes

I'm sure alcohol consumption had nothing to do with it although maybe in some areas ATMs should be equipped with breathalyzers that set off alarms.

Edited by Suradit69