Where to buy cheap scanner

derble

Does anyone know where to buy? These have come way down in price and am looking for best deals either new/used?

Alternatively I would consider an internet café if I was able to plug my laptop directly to the scanner and control the documents.

Thanks for advice....

I cant remember ever seeing a stand-alone scanner in the usual computer shops here, though I've never looked very hard for one. Generally the choice in shops is very poor and prices are generally quite high.

If you cant find anything then you could order this basic Canon LIDE model from Cdiscount for 1690B:
http://www.cdiscount.co.th/computers-and-laptops/home-office-hardware/ekhruue-ngsaeknen-r-canon-run-lide-120/f-25020102-cn1758sd44021cdt.html

Collect it at BigC for 19B.

They are built into even the cheapest printers now so most people would just buy a new printer with scanner. They work fine.

Maybe the OP has a laser printer already, as I do, and doesnt need another printer?

I brought my old Canon scanner from Europe 5 years ago and it's still going strong.

I cant remember ever seeing a stand-alone scanner in the usual computer shops here, though I've never looked very hard for one. Generally the choice in shops is very poor and prices are generally quite high.

If you cant find anything then you could order this basic Canon LIDE model from Cdiscount for 1690B:

http://www.cdiscount.co.th/computers-and-laptops/home-office-hardware/ekhruue-ngsaeknen-r-canon-run-lide-120/f-25020102-cn1758sd44021cdt.html

Collect it at BigC for 19B.

Standalone scanners are common.

http://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/Search?q=scanner

http://www.wattana.co.th/index.php/en/printer-fax-scanner/scanner.html

What is cheap?

Special needs/specifications required?

Otherwise I can only join the crowd:

an A4 laser printer/scanner cost about 3000 or less.

The printer part does not eat money if you don't use it.

And you still have a printer backup that does not "dry out".

Very reliable.

Available: everywhere.

Not sure why people cannot just respond instead of asking a bunch of additional questions.

I have repeated the key words below in bold bullet points in case the OP was too difficult.

• scanner
  • cheap
  • best deals
  • where
  • thanks

No where does it say anything about printers etc.

Your 3000 baht price is also way off, but muchas gracias to Don Mega for providing some useful information in his response.

What is cheap?

Very reliable.

Edited by derble

saw one of the canon ones in the 1700-1800 baht range at the office supply shop near homeworks big c south pattaya

Not sure why people cannot just respond instead of asking a bunch of additional questions.

I have repeated the key words below in bold bullet points in case the OP was too difficult.

• scanner
  • cheap
  • best deals
  • where
  • thanks

Your 3000 baht price is also way off, but muchas gracias to Don Mega for providing some useful information in his response.

What is cheap?

Very reliable.

• scanner
  • cheap
  • best deals
  • where
  • thanks

What is cheap?

Very reliable.

Okay, I'll tell you. This is a forum, i.e. other posters, 'people' as you would have it, might also be interested in your topic i.e. it's not all about you, and, therefore, expanding a little on the issue might and I'd say often does inform/educate/enlighten the T.V. community at large.

A scanner investment is normally a bad one.

I disagree. I bought my cheap Canon LIDE scanner for about 1500B back in Europe around 10 years ago. It's still going strong.

I dont suppose that I have scanned more than a few hundred documents with it in all that time but it has been very convenient to have it, rather than having to find some print shop every time.

If the thread is about apples, why talk about oranges....just go start another thread! What are posters, if not people? Robots?

• scanner
  • cheap
  • best deals
  • where
  • thanks

What is cheap?

Very reliable.

Okay, I'll tell you. This is a forum, i.e. other posters, 'people' as you would have it, might also be interested in your topic i.e. it's not all about you, and, therefore, expanding a little on the issue might and I'd say often does inform/educate/enlighten the T.V. community at large.

Edited by blomarel