Where to buy ceiling speakers?

KannanG

Save unsightly wiring and buy bluetooth speakes. Lazada have a range --->

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=speakers

I use Lazada all the time, pay cash on delivery, and they have a good truck tracking system so I know the day/time to wait in for the Kerry Logistics truck.

Cant you only operate 1 item at a time via bluetooth or are there bluetooth multi speaker system?

I'll second your Lazada comment, I use it quite often and (touch wood) have never had a problem, shipments are normally delivered quicker than advertised, I think every time I've had a delivery they've called in advance as well, bloody good IMO.

If you care to go the SONOS route (with its pros/cons), TAT Chuan Acoustics in Singapore sells it. Price you see on website used to include delivery & duties in Thailand. Reconfirm the duty included part before ordering.

Not exactly a flat speaker, but SONOS Play 1 is small enough and does not require any permanent changes. They also sell kits for wall mounting, if you decide to do that.

FYI - If I am not mistaken, in order to started at least one unit has to be placed/hard wired into the router. Subsequent units operate only need a power outlet.

These people are the dustributor in Thailand for KEF

http://www.sounddd.com/เครื่องเสียง-Sound/ลำโพง-Speakers/ลำโพงเพดาน-Ceiling-Speaker

They will deliver but I'm not sure if they will deliver free to Phuket.

I bought some KEF ci 200's from them and it was painless.

Also ebay is your friend. I bought some speakers and all my 12,gauge speaker wire off ebay and used the global shipping program ( it calculates the local import taxes with no further charges ) . The thai Audio shops rip you off on speaker wire. I needed around 600 feet and the shop here quoted me 80,000 for some 12 gauge brand name stuff. I bought 600 feet of a better product on eBay for 8,000 baht

Just for comparison. Sound dd sells the KEF ci200 cr for 12,900 each.

http://www.sounddd.com/เครื่องเสียง-Sound/ลำโพง-Speakers/ลำโพงเพดาน-Ceiling-Speaker/KEF-Ceiling-Speaker/KEF-CI-200CR.html

On eBay you can buy 3 for 20,800 plus 2500 shipping and 11,000 import tax charged at the ebay checkout.

It's not that much of a difference but it's an option if the local distributor doesn't have enough in stock. Also I wouldn't buy from ebay if the seller doesn't use the global shipping program that calculates the all in import duty as then you'd leave yourself open to the mercy of thai customs.