Hat Yai woman pleads for help for some 100 stray dogs

webfact

Hat Yai woman pleads for help for some 100 stray dogs
The Nation

HAT YAI: -- A 56-year-old woman in Songkhla's Hat Yai district Tuesday begged for public help for some 100 stray dogs under her care.

Pongphan Tripralam, an odds job worker who lives behind a bus terminal in Hat Yai, said she has been taking care of some 100 stray dogs, many abandoned by their previous owners.

She said she did not earn enough to buy foods for them and had to beg for leftover foods and chicken bones for them. She said many of the dogs have fallen ill as well.

Pongphan could be reached at her phone number at 06-2312-1692.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Hat-Yai-woman-pleads-for-help-for-some-100-stray-d-30272169.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-03

This is a form of obsessive behaviour and is seen not just in Thailand but in other countries. The person keeps or looks after in this case excessive numbers of dogs. This person is highly likely to be a woman over 30. A disproportionate number of the dogs will be smaller dogs (i.e. the same size as a baby). This person becomes very agitated at the thought of giving up or not being able to feed a single one of her dogs.

The last 2 suggestions are good suggestions. They would, however, be rejected by the woman who has an irrational and obsessive attachment to the animals.

For her, psychiatric treatment is required.

On the wider issue of soi dogs, local authority intervention is probably required, for public safety and hygiene, if nothing else.

The last 2 suggestions are good suggestions. They would, however, be rejected by the woman who has an irrational and obsessive attachment to the animals.

For her, psychiatric treatment is required.

On the wider issue of soi dogs, local authority intervention is probably required, for public safety and hygiene, if nothing else.

I am a Hat Yai resident. I cycle everyday from Sriphuvanart Rd, through the the trafifc, I end up within 5 minutes, cycling very peacefully through some mountainous country. I have seen personally a Thai woman and her son issuing food (mainly rice) (leftooooovers) etc.. I believe she and co are meaning well, but what I do know, from a VET, a rice diet is no good good! animals stay alive but lose their hair, etc... See Bald Dogs..

I guess this woman and her son are doing something they truly believe..... the dogs seem happy, dont chase me...... although, its hot and the dogs really dont give a RA for me..... Well done that lady, at least she has a goal!