Checkpoint for Motorbike Taxi Drivers in Central Pattaya

webfact

Checkpoint for Motorbike Taxi Drivers in Central Pattaya

taxi-5.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday a checkpoint was set-up in Central Pattaya which focused on stopping motorbike taxi drivers to check their registration documents and those that did not possess them were detained for further investigation.

District Officers, Transport Department Officers, Pattaya Traffic Police and Army personnel were on-hand to stop motorbike taxi drivers, who are now required to comply with regulations pertaining to their chosen profession.

The checkpoint was located on Pattaya Third Road close to Soi Xyzte and was set-up after concerns were raised by the Army that the majority of motorbike taxi drivers in Pattaya were not taking the recently enforced regulations seriously, and only a small percentage of taxi drivers had correctly registered themselves and their vehicles.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218894/checkpoint-for-motorbike-taxi-drivers-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-05

How about stopping those buses running red lights? So fricken dangerous !bah.gif

Last night 2 came flying thru nearly taking out 3 motorcyclists, all the while the cops, at least 10 of them, on the corner just lazily pulling over bikes.gigglem.gif

Always the easy way out hey guys, so why should I stop for you?sorry.gif

Anyway 5 mins after that block started every mocy taxi in town would know to avoid it, good job........blink.png

Edited by kaorop

Silly really, I bet after the had been there 5 minutes and pulled fewer than ten bikes they never saw another as the jungle telegraph went into full swing.

Check Points should be more mobile and of a short duration based on intelligence targeting the the worst offenders.

How about stopping those buses running red lights? So fricken dangerous !bah.gif

Where? Because if no sign forbid it, it's perfectly legal to turn left at a red light.

// Talking about buses racing thro red lights... not turning left at unmarked junctions

Sorry, I have read "turning" for "running"... unsure.png

But in that case I don't know what you are talking about ?? What buses ? Where ?