Extension Still Underconsideration

Hello THai Visa forum.

I have a non-immigrant B with work permit and I had extended , FIrst applied for 1 year extension but i Got 1 month extension. it was extended in August , with under consideration status . They request to come again on September 12 2006.

In september 12 2006 , I go and got another 1 month extension with Following status :

APPLICATION STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION

PLEASE CALL AGAIN ON October 12 2006

I would like to know what thats mean and will i be rejected? What should i do at October 12 ?

Just give them a call ? If that rejected how many month they will extend?

Please let me know in that procedure.

Hello THai Visa forum.

Normal, nothing to worry about.

WCA

Hi. I will go through first time extension as well. I have a bit of a problem with timing as I am going home for the holidays in December.

How many months is the normal process (stamped 'under consideration') before I get the 1-yr extension?

Many thanks.

The 'under consideration'-stamp is given 2-3 times, especially for new extensions.

You can travel during that period with a re-entry permit, but careful, this becomes void once you get a new 'under consideration' - stamp.

Once or twice, over the years, I was to travel and return after the under consideration; ticket in hand talked to them and got a new stamp, still under consideration with a date to fit my planned return-date. So could get re-entry permit and be back ontime.

The 'under consideration'-stamp is given 2-3 times, especially for new extensions.

You can travel during that period with a re-entry permit, but careful, this becomes void once you get a new 'under consideration' - stamp.

Once or twice, over the years, I was to travel and return after the under consideration; ticket in hand talked to them and got a new stamp, still under consideration with a date to fit my planned return-date. So could get re-entry permit and be back ontime.

thank you axel for this wonderful reply.

i have my ticket already and maybe i could show them the return date and have 'under consideration' stamp to fit it. and i will make sure to get a re-entry permit as well. :o

So , If I got rejected what will happen? Will i Get 7 days visa to go out of thailand? Or Not usually rejected at all?

Can I call to Immigration department and check if I am accepted or rejected in advance? When usually these results come out , the date for result hearing is october 12. So when Can i check?

Thankx a lot for all the replies people. I am very appreciated.

Edited by v3ss0n

Can i get any reply on this?

My boss ask me to go to BOI one stop office and try there.

Is that necessary or I just need to wait for results?

hi. i think someone said this is the normal process (2-3 under consideration stamps) before you get the 1-yr extension. i think your papers are pending approval from the powers-that-be. you might just want to wait for the results.

if you have the proper documents filed, i don't think you will be rejected. although i could be wrong.

good luck.

Can i get any reply on this?

My boss ask me to go to BOI one stop office and try there.

Is that necessary or I just need to wait for results?

hi. i think someone said this is the normal process (2-3 under consideration stamps) before you get the 1-yr extension. i think your papers are pending approval from the powers-that-be. you might just want to wait for the results.

if you have the proper documents filed, i don't think you will be rejected. although i could be wrong.

good luck.

Thanks a lot Thrill , I have first and 2nd stamp so I think it will be ok this time.

Best of luck for you too.

Can I call to Immigration department and check if I am accepted or rejected in advance?

In the past i have gone in to see them at Nong Khai earlier than the consideration date and they have been happy to look it up for me.Can save time sitting around wondering.