Pick-up driver killed in crash with 18-wheel truck in East Pattaya

rooster59

Pick-up driver killed in crash with 18-wheel truck in East Pattaya

crash-11.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: Just before daybreak on Friday a Thai man was killed after the pick-up truck he was driving, rear-ended a slow-moving 18-wheel truck in East Pattaya.

The crash occurred on the Rayong-bound carriageway of Highway 36 in the Pong area. The driver of the pick-up was not carrying any ID with him at the time but he is presumed to be a Thai man aged in his late twenties.

The truck and its driver, Khun Narong aged 50, was transporting 50 tons of White Cement to the Map Ta Put Industrial Estate in Rayong Province and was driving in a normal manner according to his Police Statement. Suddenly he felt a jolt and stopped his truck after realizing the pick-up had rear-ended his vehicle.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218939/pick-up-driver-killed-in-crash-with-18-wheel-truck-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-07

From the photos, the idiot driving the pick up must have been hauling <deleted>. Probably drunk/high, combined with a high dose of stupidity.

I ask me who is the idiot? The pickup driver or you? How you can see from this photos that it was the pickup driver's fault?

Maybe the TRUCK drive very, very slowly because the street gone up and don't had backlights on (not work)!!! The trucks grey color let it looks like the street too!!! Not easy to see in a dark night without light!!!

I see almost every day that heavy trucks drive with just 10/15 km/h on the highway without working backlights!!!

From the photos, the idiot driving the pick up must have been hauling <deleted>. Probably drunk/high, combined with a high dose of stupidity.

I ask me who is the idiot? The pickup driver or you? How you can see from this photos that it was the pickup driver's fault?

Maybe the TRUCK drive very, very slowly because the street gone up and don't had backlights on (not work)!!! The trucks grey color let it looks like the street too!!! Not easy to see in a dark night without light!!!

I see almost every day that heavy trucks drive with just 10/15 km/h on the highway without working backlights!!!

Try looking at the damage to the pick up truck! He wasn't driving 50, or 60 kph, but more like 100 - 120 kph to cause that much damage.

I don't think he was questioning the speed of the pickup. Read his reply slower.

I did read his reply, twice, and to me, it is still nonsense. If the pick up drive had been driving at a reasonable speed for the time of night, and road conditions, he would have seen the truck ahead of him in his own headlights, whether or not the truck had any tail lights or not, and been able to stop, or avoid it. The fact that he totally demolished the front of that pick up proves beyond question that he was speeding and driving recklessly. End of story.

You are correct that many, many, trucks and scooters drive without the rear taillights

not working or so covered in grime they are not visible. That is why it is important for other

drivers to drive defensively, slow down at night. The accident may not be 100% your

fault but by slowing down the life you save may be your own.

Ahhhhh the armchair detectives nothing but assumptions the pick up driver was drunk etc etc. Speed is a Killer. having driven on the Highways

and seen these trucks that go at a seriously slow speed even at 40 k you still come up on them very fast.

It is time a Law was enforced to I suggest Flashing warning Lights . R.i.p to the driver of the pick up

The pickup driver couldn't see a bloody big cement truck, with or without tail lights? In the early morning, the roads are full of tractors, motorcycles and bicycles without lights, and anyone but an idiot knows this. It's what headlamps are for (if the pickup's were working).

I used to go up and down the 36 every single day from Chonburi to Mapthaphut.

I noticed that in the morning the likelihood of seeing a smashed up pick-up truck upside down in the central reservation increased dramatically on nights after Champion's League matches. Was there late night football last Thursday?

Try looking at the damage to the pick up truck! He wasn't driving 50, or 60 kph, but more like 100 - 120 kph to cause that much damage.

How fast do you drive on a HIGHWAY??? 50/60 km/h??? This is CRAZY and a big risk for others on the highway!!!

I drive all the time between 90/120 km/h on a highway. There is NO CITYLIMIT and this is the normal speed!!!

But if a truck drive there with 10/15 km/h an cannot drive up a small hill, than it's overloaded or the motor is shit and the truck is ready to crap!!!

And if the backlights not works it's very bad for all other on the highway!!!