The Game Hang Dong

pgrahmm

If the rent is too high, a place could easily have a negative value. Player's had very good reviews....night and day vs. the Game...I wonder what the rent is.

The Players bar has 7 out of 16 Tripadvisor reviews that are all Excellent, from reviewers with 1 contribution!

John's Place has 47 that rate it "poor" or "terrible."

My point is that reviews from people that only ever make 1 review, especially when they are either excellent or terrible, are always a bit suspicious, especially when that 1 review was a year or so ago, like they haven't been anywhere since. When more than half the reviews are from people with only 1 post, then I think it is fair to say that some shenanigans are going on.

The reviews from John's Place look like they are from people that were expecting good food and service. I have never eaten there, but I wouldn't expect either the food or service to be more than average. I might not agree with the terrible, reviews but at least they appear to be mostly genuine.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the rent is too high, a place could easily have a negative value. Player's had very good reviews....night and day vs. the Game...I wonder what the rent is.

The Players bar has 7 out of 16 Tripadvisor reviews that are all Excellent, from reviewers with 1 contribution!

John's Place has 47 that rate it "poor" or "terrible."

My point is that reviews from people that only ever make 1 review, especially when they are either excellent or terrible, are always a bit suspicious, especially when that 1 review was a year or so ago, like they haven't been anywhere since. When more than half the reviews are from people with only 1 post, then I think it is fair to say that some shenanigans are going on.

The reviews from John's Place look like they are from people that were expecting good food and service. I have never eaten there, but I wouldn't expect either the food or service to be more than average. I might not agree with the terrible, reviews but at least they appear to be mostly genuine.

Let's be honest, the food in John's Place is poor to terrible. The miserable old dog that works behind the counter doesn't help things either...

• 1 month later...

Back to somewhat on topic:

Well boys, for a mere 1.5 million you can own your very own sports bar and show 'em how it's done!

Well, for a sports bar with a decidedly Western angle and target clientele: not in Hang Dong, for starters.

For a regular restaurant: possibly. Especially as that whole area is getting quite popular now. You should see the Isan food place, it's doing incredible business.

Would be nice to get Rosewood back. The asking price is not completely crazy either; assuming the 1.5 mil can come down a bit, that's still somewhat okay given all the money spent on the furnishings, the kitchen, etc.

Possibly Duke's might be interested again.. decor is already somewhat in line with what they'd build anyway. Not sure they'd want to have a go in such an out of town location though. Rent / lease agreement could of course be an issue, not sure what that's like.

Rosewood was terrible to say the least. The owner in there blatantly ripped us off last time we dined there. Not a nice woman at all. The Dukes would be ideal there (again) but hell may freeze over first as The Dukes has already had its share of dramas with this land lady. A Sizzler might work.