Bangkok - Laos visa run before new regulations - urgent 24 hrs left

Hi! I used to stay in Thailand during European winter time, for around 6 months per year. I have arrived here a month ago and had a plan to get METV after Nov 13 somewhere around Thailand. As now we all know, it is possible to apply for one only in home country. My plan is not gonna work so I need a visa with multiple entry with "old" regulations.

I am not working in Thailand and I don't break the law anywhere. Unfortunately, as probably many others I am affected with this new visa policy because of people who work illegally here, ride naked on motorbike, robber the bank to get money for ticket home etc. So my question is not how to brake immigration rules but how to deal with embassies and dumb at the border to explain that I am good guy with money from foreign income and staying here only for tourist purposes. As well that my thai girlfriend is well educated abroad, from a good family but not kind of relationship from the bar. Ok I used to had some, but I that was long time ago.

There are only two days left before visa rules change and TETV and TETV will not be issued anymore. I'm considering to drive from Bangkok to Vientiane or Savannakhet (if anyone wants to join feel free to contact me). I could apply there for TETV and it could solve my problem to stay here until April when I will leave to EU. For the next winter I will of course apply for METV in my home country but I don't want to fly there just to do "visa run". So please, share experience and advices with me - I have only less than 24 hours to make decision based on calculation if it is worth to do.

My background: two tourist visas from Dec 2014 and Apr 2015 issued in my home country and total of six stamps for visa exemption - but sometimes I was here just 3-4 days. I have never been to Laos, either applied for Thai visa in other embassy than in my home country. Due to that I have questions with no answers:

1) If I get there on 12th in the morning can I still apply for TETV? Less important but also interesting for me is if they can give me visa at the same day or I need to wait until next day? If it matters I can drive there tonight to be there tomorrow morning.

2) Can I get TETV or I will hear - soriii, only single or double? I'm trying to calculate risk, anyone was refused? If yes, why?

3) Where to go - Vientiaine or Savannakhet? It is more less similar distance, I will go where is more chance to get TETV.

Thank you for all answers and advices. To pay it back I will write a report after I get any visa and describe everything I know.

Bali is the only place that may offer a triple entry tourist visa

Thank you for answer. If I can not apply for triple entry in Laos, and it is not enough time to fly to Bali I will be also satisfied with two entry visa. It solves my problem only partialy but still better than drive there after Nov 13 to get only single entry.

Thank you for answer. If I can not apply for triple entry in Laos, and it is not enough time to fly to Bali I will be also satisfied with two entry visa. It solves my problem only partialy but still better than drive there after Nov 13 to get only single entry.

Bali is 3.5 hours by Airsia

But you also have all the consulates / embassies in Indonesia : Jakarta, Medan and Surabya.

Use this link to get the latest requirements

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/858799-changes-to-tourist-visa-requirements-at-consulate-in-bali/

Again how can you affirm this?

Provide information if you know where in the region a triple entry tourist visa can be obtained.

Vacuous comment is unhelpful.

I can apply for triple entry in Poland, Germany, UK. I have friends who got triple entry from these embassies. But for me is important only embassy or consulate in close proximity to Thailand. Not too much time left..

Provide information if you know where in the region a triple entry tourist visa can be obtained.

Vacuous comment is unhelpful.

Whats unhelpful is posting false information.

Bali is 3.5 hours by Airsia

But you also have all the consulates / embassies in Indonesia : Jakarta, Medan and Surabya.

Use this link to get the latest requirements

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/858799-changes-to-tourist-visa-requirements-at-consulate-in-bali/

Right, but flight costs more than 10.000 THB, comparing to trip to Laos (3000 for fuel) it means I will get one more entry for 7000 THB.

It is not question of money, but it makes no logical sense smile.png I'm also now on visa exemption until Dec 7th, so it is better for me to drive to Laos even to get two entry, than add a few thousands and get more tired flying far from here just for one more entry. So I'm considering only locations when I can drive.

Edited by pstbkk

Can you name a nearby location other than Bali that will easily do one for the next 2 days.

1/First thing: You call Jakarta and ask if they consider the date of application rather than date of deliverance of visa.

2/ You get on the earliest plane ; to medan /jakarta/denpasar/subaraya

medan is at 9000THB return

And 6000 for 3r entry is cheap,considering you will only get singles after this.

According to last information that someone posted from Savannakhet, it is 1000 THB per entry, 2000 THB for two entries?

Edited by pstbkk

Two words - forward planning.

Flying to Bali is far less tiring than driving "to Vientiane" (which you can't do - only to Nong Khai) - Really!

Get your a*se on a plane or join the 30 day exempt extension queues then get on a plane somewhere.

Flying to Bali is far less tiring than driving "to Vientiane" (which you can't do - only to Nong Khai) - Really!

Get your a*se on a plane or join the 30 day exempt extension queues then get on a plane somewhere.

He can fly to Vientiane. facepalm.gif

I agree, but I couldn't do forward planning because of my last plans that have changed and lack of knowledge about METV before I came to Asia last time.

For me driving is not a problem, I would go there with my GF, in comfortable car, visit Khao Yai on the way back, etc. I have no problem to drive - but I know what you mean and yes, I prefer to drive from Berlin to Madrid than here. But.. with the car the best thing is you can do anywhere anytime. But not to Indonesia of course. My GF also got some permission to drive into Lao, anyway it is very close to the border so I don't mind to go cross the border by bus or even motorbike. Whatever.

I was planing to leave to Vientiane to apply for visa in December, but if I can get only single entry then, and now still double entry, this idea to do it quicker came to my mind this morning. If I go before they change rules, I can get one more entry for the same price (fuel, Lao visa) + 1000 THB. After December, I will need to go somewhere anyway. That is why I posted my questions.

Edited by pstbkk

Hello,

Your best bet would be to go to Vientiane or Savannakhet to

apply for a double-entry TV before Nov.13 so that you could

stay in Thailand till next May, while you could only stay here

till next March if you applied for a single-entry TV next month.

Good luck.

This company leave tomorrow night, call them and ask if you go on this trip you will still receive a double entry, last time I went the visa was stamped the same day as applied for although we didn't pick it up until the next day

If you leave on the 11th and arrive on the 12th it should be stamped on the 12th but again please call first to confirm

DELETED - PM for details

Hello,

Your best bet would be to go to Vientiane or Savannakhet to

apply for a double-entry TV before Nov.13 so that you could

stay in Thailand till next May, while you could only stay here

till next March if you applied for a single-entry TV next month.

Good luck.

That's exactly what I am considering. Because I need to stay here until half of may, but with single visa as you said I could stay only until March. Then need to go somewhere where embassy is to apply again for single entry, pay more for flights and hotels than just to activate second entry and asking "please, let me in" etc. One visit in Thai embassy is enough.

I can drive there tonight, apply tomorrow morning so they will issue visa not later than 12th. Question is if anyone got refused for DE and got SE with simmilar background to mine. If yes, I will not take a risk to reduce my visa exemption stay to get SE anyway. That is what I'm trying to estimate, and to get know if it is better to go to Vientiaine, or Savannakhet, or it doesn't matter.

You have left it to last minute. Just relax on you visa exempt till december then extend . After that leave los and obtain single entry tv. Extend that by 30. Stir well and repeat process.

I thought I will stay in Vietnam longer but there was nothing to do for me, that is why its last minute now :)

Because of this new rules, I don't know if they give me for 4th time single entry visa, it seems to me more easier to get double entry once than two times single entry, correct me if I'm wrong please.

It means that this is a lenient time; ie Laos is more generous than usual, in term of allocating visas, even with a history of 4 back to backs, people have been granted doubles.

Ok, great. So.. if you were me, would you go in this generous time to get double entry to have peace of mind later, or wait until your exemption is over, apply for single entry in Dec and then for next single entry in March again when we don't know if they will be as generous as now?

Because of this new rules, I don't know if they give me for 4th time single entry visa, it seems to me more easier to get double entry once than two times single entry, correct me if I'm wrong please.

You'd get a double-entry TV in Vientiane (or Savannakhet) this time

because you've never applied for one there before.

Edited by Too

You'd get a double-entry TV in Vientiane (or Savannakhet) this time

because you've never applied for one there before.

I read about that it is not a problem if someone apply for first time in Lao. Have you heard of anyone who was refused for single entry because that was second time in a row in Vientiane or Savannakhet? If not, maybe I shouldn't be worried and go to Vientiane in Dec, and Savannakhet in March to apply for single entries..