Apple apologises after allegations of racism by Australia schoolboys

webfact

Apple apologises after allegations of racism by Australia schoolboys

(BBC)Apple has apologised to six schoolboys asked to leave one of their shops in Australia, in what the students described as a racist incident.

Footage of the incident at Melbourne's Highpoint shopping centre emerged on Tuesday sparking a social media outcry.

A staff member can be heard saying security are concerned that the boys will shoplift.

Apple said the store manager apologised to the boys, who are all black, and their school principal.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34795059

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-11-12

I'm sorry, but PC has just gone too damn far in the world today.

Clearly you have zero knowledge of the aboriginal experience in modern Australian society. Tell me, is it only the blacks that should be monitored in Apple Stores or are you just an all-purpose ecumenical racist and would instruct all non-whites to be supervised?

Clearly you have zero knowledge of the aboriginal experience in modern Australian society. Tell me, is it only the blacks that should be monitored in Apple Stores or are you just an all-purpose ecumenical racist and would instruct all non-whites to be supervised?

Everybody and anybody is capable of shoplifting. I think that was the other posters point!

Sadly, many of my countrymen are still really openly racist and stuck in a mindset that was inherited from their original colonisers. This spirit has pervaded the country in a minority of people for 100 years.

I suppose this is one of the reasons I have lived out of Australia for 30 years and rarely visit it.

Good old Aussie racists!

BB

Everybody and anybody is capable of shoplifting. I think that was the other posters point!

Thank you! Someone with intelligence who can see past the "race card".

Yes racism only applies to persons talking about the minority

In the UK it is the ethnic British that are the minority at least in the way they are treated. If a coloured prson calls another coloured person a name it isnt racist but if a white person says the same word then it is. PC is totally out of hand

Edited by gandalf12

Funny how a remark is racist if it is aimed at a person who is not white. However if the same remark was aimed at a white person then it isnt racist. Ummmmm

It wasnt aimed at a person WHO is not white. It was aimed at them BECAUSE they are not white. Racism, pure and simple.

That shopping centre is near the migration detention centre and maybe the staff had issues with past thefts.

Somehow I dont think those in detention are free to wander around the mall. Especially kids in school uniform.

Edited by Linky

Funny how a remark is racist if it is aimed at a person who is not white. However if the same remark was aimed at a white person then it isnt racist. Ummmmm

It wasnt aimed at a person WHO is not white. It was aimed at them BECAUSE they are not white. Racism, pure and simple.

But doesnt work in reverse

Sometmies the truth has to be said and you can call it what you like but it doesnt necessarily alter the facts

How many Auzzies or Aussies or whatever are not going to buy iphones!!!!!!??!?!?! Oh yea, Zero.......they can't lose a day of selfies!!!!

Send me your iphones and take a stand!!!

i sell them and help the kids in China who build the phones!!!!

coffee1.gif

Not really on topic but there is an increasing creepiness about these American technology companies: Apple, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Paypal, Norton, ..all sly, intrusive, manipulative, deceitful and determined to destroy competition

And a notice to all lecturers and teachers, it is forbidden to call it a blackboard anymore, now to called a "Smartboard" Huh ?

No problem - Blackboard is the brand name for an eLearning platform rolled out across many Oz education institutions.

Smartboards replace old fashioned blackboards, what's your problem?

Lucky for Apple that Oz doesn't have the same level of aggressive monetary compensation for discrimination claims as the legal culture in the US

Sadly, many of my countrymen are still really openly racist and stuck in a mindset that was inherited from their original colonisers. This spirit has pervaded the country in a minority of people for 100 years.

I suppose this is one of the reasons I have lived out of Australia for 30 years and rarely visit it.

Good old Aussie racists!

BB

Sadly you know nothing about Australian society and generalise a whole population by the actions of a few.

Once again to all the do gooders and bleeding hearts, what has this story got to do with local indigenous...nothing. These little darlings are Africans( Mohamad) so called refugees, Aus Gov must be giving then a to big of a hand out, but then again these poor worn torn settlers seem to have more money than the hard working Aus tax payer. The trouble local businesses and the police are having with these groups are getting out of hand only have to look at the new northern suburbs of Perth, gangs of them bashing locals and it's all our fault because we don't supply them with enough things that they want....Fact. Aus Gov better nip it in the bud soon or gunna end up like the Mother country....Cheers.

Thank you! Someone with intelligence who can see past the "race card".

how can you be accused of being racist, they only have to look at your forum photo to see that's not true..

Once again to all the do gooders and bleeding hearts, what has this story got to do with local indigenous...nothing. These little darlings are Africans( Mohamad) so called refugees, Aus Gov must be giving then a to big of a hand out, but then again these poor worn torn settlers seem to have more money than the hard working Aus tax payer. The trouble local businesses and the police are having with these groups are getting out of hand only have to look at the new northern suburbs of Perth, gangs of them bashing locals and it's all our fault because we don't supply them with enough things that they want....Fact. Aus Gov better nip it in the bud soon or gunna end up like the Mother country....Cheers.

Where does it say they are refugees?

What do you mean by African (mohamed). The same as African (Francis)?

Where does it say they get free handouts, where does it say they have more money than Aus tax payers, where does it say they dont pay tax?

This is simply kids from school shopping or window shopping and being kicked out simply because they were black.