Angered by ticket, woman runs off with Thai cop's motorcycle key

webfact

Angered by Ticket, Woman Runs Off with Cop’s Motorcycle Key
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

BANGKOK — A 27-year-old woman was let off the hook last night after stealing the key to a cop’s motorcycle because he was booting her illegally parked motorcycle.

Sudteerak Kaewsingha said she became enraged to find Honda motorcycle’s wheels being clamped Wednesday afternoon by officer Wannalop Sripaeng on a road near the Capital Plaza shopping center in Chinatown. In the midst of arguing with Wannalop, Sudteerak said she became so angry that she grabbed the key from his patrol motorcycle and ran off.

Police spent several hours searching in vain for Sudteerak and the key, until the woman showed up about 6pm at the Phlap Phla Chai Police Station to return the key, pay her 600 baht parking fine and apologize. She told reporters that she regretted her actions.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1447312420

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-11-12

Wow. I really can understand this lady. And of course, I can understand the Thai police. On one hand I say treat me the same way you treat Thais. Now she understands how farangs are treated. The cop is enforcing the law equally. Is this good? For me, here is this lady who just got off work. Either 7-11 or doing the horizanal hoola hoop. All the money she made that day is gone. Would I go ballistic? Yeah. At times I get so angry and mock the inequity. Now, I feel otherwise.

How do you illegally park a motorcycle in Thailand? Or was the police officer clamping her bike, because she was parked in the space where the police officer usually illegally parks his bike?

red stripes + white stripes = no parking...not even motorbikes if correctly enforced.

Edited by Lee4Life

How do you illegally park a motorcycle in Thailand? Or was the police officer clamping her bike, because she was parked in the space where the police officer usually illegally parks his bike?

red stripes + white stripes = no parking...not even motorbikes if correctly enforced.

Many streets in Bangkok also don't allow parking on one side or the other depending on whether it's an even or odd numbered day of the month, and the law applies to cars and motorbikes.

And once again I have to realize that all too many adult Thais are immature children totally incapable of controlling their emotions.

And once again I have to realize how many TV posters are ignorant and bigoted towards Thais....and always get away with it

And once again I have to realize that all too many adult Thais are immature children totally incapable of controlling their emotions.

And once again I have to realize how many TV posters are ignorant and bigoted towards Thais....and always get away with it
Heard you the first time Edited by Artisi

Wow. I really can understand this lady. And of course, I can understand the Thai police. On one hand I say treat me the same way you treat Thais. Now she understands how farangs are treated. The cop is enforcing the law equally. Is this good? For me, here is this lady who just got off work. Either 7-11 or doing the horizanal hoola hoop. All the money she made that day is gone. Would I go ballistic? Yeah. At times I get so angry and mock the inequity. Now, I feel otherwise.

Fine sounds a bit steep, maybe a little supper money added.

but it's true - they are mostly 12 year old's and if you can't see that you are not in Thailand