Visa to work in UAE? Apply Thailand or UK?

Just curious if anyone has experience of applying for a visa to work in UAE. (Abu Dhabi).

I live in Thailand with UK passport (non imm O marriage status renewed annually). No home address in UK anymore.

Is it best apply UAE visa in Thailand or UK?

Currently my UK agent is applying in UK (I think) but no results forthcoming.

Edited by WorriedNoodle

Unless it has changed in the last 5 years you cannot apply from outside the UAE. You must find a sponsor from within the UAE. The sponsor must be a UAE national.

Ok thanks, so no need to visit embassy in Bangkok. I am waiting on UK agent who has partner in UAE, and I am just told to wait. Been going on a couple of months now.

UK passport holders get 30 day tourist visa on arrival, once you find a job the employer will sponsor you. ou will then ha to doa visa run (exit/reentry)

The first part is correct and then you must have slid off the bar stool when you completed the rest. If you are performing 30 Day visa runs in the UAE you are working there illegally and if they catch you there is no special deals same as Thailand unless you are a mate of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

ou will then ha to doa visa run (exit/reentry

Was the visa run possibly to Doha

Thanks for feedback guys. So I suppose the work visa is provided on arrival once the local UAE sponsor has done their part?

I guess I will never find out, because I was informed by my UK agent the UAE sponsor cannot get a visa based on a security reason they will not explain. I have no idea why.

I wonder if it will be a problem now going in/out UAE just transit to UK?? Is there a way to find out up front I wonder?

Thanks for feedback guys. So I suppose the work visa is provided on arrival once the local UAE sponsor has done their part?

I guess I will never find out, because I was informed by my UK agent the UAE sponsor cannot get a visa based on a security reason they will not explain. I have no idea why.

I wonder if it will be a problem now going in/out UAE just transit to UK?? Is there a way to find out up front I wonder?

If it is for a security reason stay away from the UAE and the GCC countries.