Thailand rated high-risk for graft

webfact

So 1 poster says he's not corrupt yet doesn't answer the question I asked about ever being to Nana or Panthip Plaza.

I assume all the rest are corrupt to some varying degrees.

If, so stop moaning about it and saying it is wrong.

If I understand you correctly you are equating watching a bootleg dvd with complicity in human trafficking, theft through fraud of taxpayers money, abuse of power to extort money, and other crimes of government. Is that correct?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the government ministers and workers don't do their jobs as required, use delaying tactics, are UN comparative or just don't care.

Corruption will continue because they change their attitudes when offered a bribe. The whole world is this way, just a matter of degree.

No "high risk of corruption" here. 100% certainty.

Can all the people who talk about Thai corruption honestly say they have not participated in any way?

No point in being hypocritical about this, if there is any sort of corruption that's going to benefit you, then carry on

and don't complain about it.

Corruption in the UK is worse, ie the government and the banks, the big difference is that the UK politicians are much cleverer

and better educated than the Thai politicians, and can therefor use it for themselves and get away with it.

How many can say they've never been to Nana Plaza, Pattaya or Pat Pong(they wouldn't exist without foreigners participating in corruption).

Or bought a pirate DVD from Pathip plaza.

How many are moaning about corruption whilst typing on a computer without a genuine Windows????

Look forward to maybe 1 poster saying he is not corrupt in any way.

So much hypocrisy.

I think you are confusing theft and corruption

I don't think he is, how do you think some bars in these places manage to keep the BiB away so they can stay open longer, allow the girls to show etc?

Do brown envelopes not spring to mind?

So 1 poster says he's not corrupt yet doesn't answer the question I asked about ever being to Nana or Panthip Plaza.

If I understand you correctly you are equating watching a bootleg dvd with complicity in human trafficking, theft through fraud of taxpayers money, abuse of power to extort money, and other crimes of government. Is that correct?

No, where did you get that preposterous idea?

Just looking for 1 poster who hasn't taken part in any corruption. We are all corrupt just on different levels.

Can all the people who talk about Thai corruption honestly say they have not participated in any way?

No point in being hypocritical about this, if there is any sort of corruption that's going to benefit you, then carry on

Corruption in the UK is worse, ie the government and the banks, the big difference is that the UK politicians are much cleverer

and better educated than the Thai politicians, and can therefor use it for themselves and get away with it.

Ok I'll admit it - I contribute to corruption and have done for 30 years.

I rather pay 200 baht to the road cop that the hassle of going to the station to pick it up.

I have paid immigration 5 k a year so I don't have to spend 10k going to Bkk every year for a letter.

I paid x00,000 baht to someone to get my daughter a good job.

I paid money loads of times for my son to 'pass' through school.

I paid for all my kids to "get entry" to a good school.

I've given a land office official money to grease the wheels.

many more examples esp. at the amphur

But I never complain about the corruption, so I ain't a hypocrite

I see money to burn then? & not so sure of your own kids actual abilities then?

I rather pay 200 baht to the road cop that the hassle of going to the station to pick it up.

I have paid immigration 5 k a year so I don't have to spend 10k going to Bkk every year for a letter.

I paid for all my kids to "get entry" to a good school. What is wrong with that? The poster only wants what is best for his kids.

A person must always do what is best for him and his family, as long as he does not interfere with normal people.

So much ignorant nonsense on thread after thread.

Go to the UK, drive your car too fast then try to bribe the policeman and see where that gets you.

Or sound out an MP about the possibility of an amnesty bill for yourself back to 2004.

And this idea you people have that if you took part in any corruption (like a traffic fine) then you should not complain about any corruption is typical twisted logic used by the guilty. Your logic puts someone using an illegal copy of windows in the same boat as a politician stealing millions of baht from the taxpayer. Is that how you justify yourselves and what you do ?.

People pay it because they have to in this society. The real guilty party in any corruption is the one the one demanding and taking the bribes. Only the dirty people blame the person who gives them the money - like the RTP did by offering rewards to their policemen for turning in anyone who offered a bribe. I wonder how many got turned in once the scheme finished.

It's quite easy on this thread to spot the dirty ones who think corruption is OK. But we should expect plenty of them : after all, TIT.

No, where did you get that preposterous idea?

Just looking for 1 poster who hasn't taken part in any corruption. We are all corrupt just on different levels.

Where did I get this idea? From your command "If, so stop moaning about it and saying it is wrong." You are telling people that if they have committed small offenses they have no right to comment on major offenses.

I think people whose offenses are small, buying a bootleg dvd, are allowed to comment on those whose offenses are huge, enriching themselves at the cost of the future of the country. You clearly think otherwise.

"We are all corrupt" is true, none of us are perfect. That doesn't mean we can't speak out against major crimes.

I see, you are part of the problem, and apparently a beneficiary of the corrupt system That's why you're trying to justify your crimes with the "everybody does it" rationalization.

I paid for all my kids to "get entry" to a good school. What is wrong with that? The poster only wants what is best for his kids.

A person must always do what is best for him and his family, as long as he does not interfere with normal people.

Paying for a good private school is fine. Bribing officials to make room for an unqualified student by rejecting a qualified student is wrong and definitely interferes with normal people. In fact it is committing a great injustice to the qualified student denied admission.

The statement "I paid x00,000 baht to someone to get my daughter a good job." speaks volumes, especially if this was a government job. A great many of Thailand's problems are rooted in the fact that important jobs and promotions are bought with bribes instead of earned by demonstrated competence. Is it any wonder that the country is screwed up?

Edited by heybruce

"The report noted that since the military coup in 2014, no independent scrutiny of the defence policy by the legislature is in place."

So before the military coup there was independent scrutiny of the defence policy by the legislature?

This whole article looks at the military aspect of the corruption so I guess there is no corruption in civilian organisations......

where have you been for the last 10 years???

" according to Transparency Inter-national "

The transparency Inter-national agency IS NOT our father....

Lol. Is there someone suggesting that there's a parental relationship? Such an irrelevant comment.

Thailand is certainly free to ignore this completely. And no doubt will. It doesn't help itself to childishly cover its eyes & ears and pretend the outside world doesn't exist. Not if it wants to continue to live in the lap of foreign investment.

Go ahead Thailand. Just close your borders, build yourselves the mother of all internet firewalls (Chinese-style), chase out all those evil foreigners, and indulge in an orgy of national self-love. Oh. And lots of luck.